Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

resetting Hypertech VIN?

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2006, 04:34 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default resetting Hypertech VIN?

Hi,

after picking up a Power Programmer III on ebay, it turns out the previous owner didn't de-program the original car before selling it ... according to him, the car was wrecked and is no longer available.

Anyway, he said Hypertech did flash erases for a service fee, though I have not received any answer from their tech support in over a week ... anybody have any experience with Hypertech resets??
Old 04-30-2006, 05:21 PM
Banned

wow what a dick
Old 04-30-2006, 05:32 PM
TECH Regular

just throw it in the trash
Old 04-30-2006, 05:35 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I can't believe people do this - when I sold mine a couple years ago I made sure it was returned to stock, even sent my original invoice with it in case they ever had any problems in the future. Tell the seller you want your money back + shipping.
Old 04-30-2006, 06:19 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

This has happened to several people recently. Hypertech MIGHT be able to do something for you, but the odds are not, or you're going to be paying them for it. Get your money back. HPPs are pretty useless anyway, and they hurt some people's performance.
Old 04-30-2006, 09:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

If you are not the original purchaser you can forget it. Mine got stuck on 95% download and wouldnt ever finish. Car wouldnt start.hpp3 wouldnt work and they told me sorry you bought it from a 3rd party.
Old 05-01-2006, 12:40 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 98 SS Blackattack
If you are not the original purchaser you can forget it. Mine got stuck on 95% download and wouldnt ever finish. Car wouldnt start.hpp3 wouldnt work and they told me sorry you bought it from a 3rd party.
Holy crap, what did you have to do at that point to get it started again? You couldn't back out? Just another reason to hate Hypertech.
Old 05-01-2006, 10:24 AM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by lgobraves
just throw it in the trash

There's the best advice you're gonna get.
The same thing happened to me a few years ago, bought a HPP3 on ebay and the seller didn't return it to stock, even though it said in the auction that he did. Fought w/paypal and ebay and ******* LOST!! I kept hearing hypertech could fix it for a lil money......wrong. After a couple months of trying to get an answer from them I finally got someone on the phone. They told me they offer no reprogramming/VIN unlocking for any fee....if you've got a locked one you're screwed unless you're the original owner, and even then you have to have your original documentation from the purchase.
Old 05-01-2006, 12:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Intragration
Holy crap, what did you have to do at that point to get it started again? You couldn't back out? Just another reason to hate Hypertech.
Had the local Chevy dealer come tow the car and flash the pcm. Total cost was $129. Not too bad but i still wasnt happy

Had to hear it from the wife

Quick Reply: resetting Hypertech VIN?