Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

C6 z06.. how many are they producing

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2006, 09:11 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default C6 z06.. how many are they producing

How many C6 Z06s are they producing for 06? And are the numbers going to change for 07?
Old 05-01-2006, 10:14 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

They are a little over 4000 produced for the year at this time..they might get 5000 built for the 2006 production. Engine production is the limiting factor on the production of the C6 Z06. They can build all the other components in mass quantities. The hand built engine is the bottle neck in produciton of the car. Do not expect to see any increase in the production numbers for 2007. I heard that 2007 is the last year for the 427 cubic inch LS7 engine. The LS7 will not pass the new fed emmisions regulations in 2008. Look for the 6 liter engine with a milder cam and a SC on it to reach the same HP level as the LS7 engine to be the power plant for the 2008 car. Maybe they will just go a head and put a forged piston in the 6 liter supercharge it and skip the hand built part of the equasion and build the car in larger numbers. That would be great.
Old 05-01-2006, 10:41 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by slt200mph
They are a little over 4000 produced for the year at this time..they might get 5000 built for the 2006 production. Engine production is the limiting factor on the production of the C6 Z06. They can build all the other components in mass quantities. The hand built engine is the bottle neck in produciton of the car. Do not expect to see any increase in the production numbers for 2007. I heard that 2007 is the last year for the 427 cubic inch LS7 engine. The LS7 will not pass the new fed emmisions regulations in 2008. Look for the 6 liter engine with a milder cam and a SC on it to reach the same HP level as the LS7 engine to be the power plant for the 2008 car. Maybe they will just go a head and put a forged piston in the 6 liter supercharge it and skip the hand built part of the equasion and build the car in larger numbers. That would be great.
So using that logic, I guess it would be safe to say that with a total of 10,000 units (over 2 years), the Z06's with that 427 LS7, are going to be quite rare. Can you say "investment"...
Old 05-01-2006, 11:16 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by 02SS#406
So using that logic, I guess it would be safe to say that with a total of 10,000 units (over 2 years), the Z06's with that 427 LS7, are going to be quite rare. Can you say "investment"...

I can say "investment" but I would not say it on this car..I would say that anything that they build 10,000 of is not a collector car or a rare car..they will hold their value well but it might be a very long time before and you might not ever see these cars appreciate...and bring very large money..meaning not in my life time..they are selling above MSPR at this time and I expect that trend to continue next year...the car is hotter now that it was when it first became available last fall...for an example the 1978 Indy Pace Car Corvette...6502 produced listed for around $17K now days you can buy a very very nice very low miles pace car from the mid teens to mid twenties..but when they first came out there was speculation on them..you could sell them for $10K over sticker...I know because I had three of them and sold two at $10k over..had a fee pace car and $3k in my pocket when all was said and done..that car has never been worth that kind of money since then..you really need a car with very low production numbers to be an "investment"..check out what Corvettes brings the big money on Barret-Jackson sometime and you will see what I am talking about..
Old 05-01-2006, 10:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by slt200mph
I can say "investment" but I would not say it on this car..I would say that anything that they build 10,000 of is not a collector car or a rare car..they will hold their value well but it might be a very long time before and you might not ever see these cars appreciate...and bring very large money..meaning not in my life time..they are selling above MSPR at this time and I expect that trend to continue next year...the car is hotter now that it was when it first became available last fall...for an example the 1978 Indy Pace Car Corvette...6502 produced listed for around $17K now days you can buy a very very nice very low miles pace car from the mid teens to mid twenties..but when they first came out there was speculation on them..you could sell them for $10K over sticker...I know because I had three of them and sold two at $10k over..had a fee pace car and $3k in my pocket when all was said and done..that car has never been worth that kind of money since then..you really need a car with very low production numbers to be an "investment"..check out what Corvettes brings the big money on Barret-Jackson sometime and you will see what I am talking about..

I see what you're saying, but, I don't know man, these are wild animals...and all motor. They outperform any previous vette ever made in history with engine only. Not like I'm going to speculatively (just made that word up, but you know what I mean) invest in one, but it'll be very interesting to see where they stand in 20 years from now, especially with the way gas prices are today...many "experts" say that our gas prices are just a hint of what's to come, also saying that we'll be in the same boat as Europe ($7/gal) in the next few years. If that's the case, all the big, high powered gas engines will be rare...like in the late 70's when there was such a scare over gas...everything went to the economical cars (remember the K car ) I could see these C6Z06's being rare find worth some bucks to the wealthy who could afford the high price of gas....Who knows though, right? Like I said though, I definitely don't feel strong enough about my weak theory to go out and invest $75K +

Quick Reply: C6 z06.. how many are they producing