LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Single or Dual Cutout

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2006, 09:49 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Single or Dual Cutout

Is there any sound diffrence or performance between having one or two on my lt1. Im putting a whole new system on pacesetter LT headers ORY and hooker catback and wanted to know if a single or dual cutout would be any diffrent from eachother?
Old 04-30-2006, 09:50 PM
TECH Senior Member

2 is LOUDER than 1............
Old 04-30-2006, 11:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Kanes2413
Is there any sound diffrence or performance between having one or two on my lt1. Im putting a whole new system on pacesetter LT headers ORY and hooker catback and wanted to know if a single or dual cutout would be any diffrent from eachother?
Two will flow more than one. ALOT more. I am going to put mine on directly behind my LTs. Man I am so EXCITED they get here tomorrow
Old 05-01-2006, 05:33 AM
TECH Regular

I have one on right now, with stock manifold. It is loud, but when I get the money to put a new system on i am going to go duals. i have a budy with a cobra and he has dual right after the headers. That thing is loud, and I mean loud. Not very many people around here want to touch him, but then some ricers are stupid and say lets race, without even knowing whats in his car. Good thread.
Old 05-01-2006, 05:52 AM
TECH Regular

man i actaully think its tooooo loud if you go that way man.....my buddy as well has a catback, edelbrock shorties, ypipe, with one cutout right by the cat....and that is to loud....just image with longtubes and two cut outs.
Old 05-01-2006, 07:49 PM
TECH Apprentice

Im just wondering but if i were to put just the cutout and not electric could i put the electric parts on later or would it be way to difficult
also can i put the system on see how it is and then put those on at a later time or again would that be too hard?
Old 05-01-2006, 08:34 PM
On The Tree

I had duals right after my pacesetter LT's and when i opened them up, it felt like a different car. It was so loud and i could burn the tires in 3 gears. At the track i picked up .5 tenths in the quater....but i scraped them on a bunch of ****, and decided to go true dual 3" with a X-pipe, so i figured i wouldn't lose but a horse or two with that setup. And plus now i want to run an electric cutout and i think that would be just about impossible with them right of the headers on a lowered car.
Old 05-01-2006, 09:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Kanes2413
Im just wondering but if i were to put just the cutout and not electric could i put the electric parts on later or would it be way to difficult
also can i put the system on see how it is and then put those on at a later time or again would that be too hard?
yea thats what I am doing, those puppies are expensive.
Old 05-01-2006, 10:15 PM
11 Second Club

definitely go with two, year & half ago on GForce's dyno it gave me 13 ft lbs of torque uncapped & a couple ponies.

my old setup, stock cubes & 847 cam, Jethot LT's, carbon steel ORY w/dual carbon steel Flowtechs.
http://www.putfile.com/brettinator

new setup being built is also getting dual c/o's, stainless this go around to match the Kooks stainless ORY & stainless stepped Kooks LTs.

you'll love dual c/o's!