Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What mods to fit a 275-60-15?

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2006, 10:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default What mods to fit a 275-60-15?

Hey guys I just got my 15X10- 7.5"BS Weld prostars and also got some BFG Drag radials, size 275-60-15. I was just wondering what mods I will have to do? I already see I will have to trim the bump stops. Will I have to use the BFH mod on the inner fender? will I have to massage the frender lip?

Dan
Old 04-30-2006, 11:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Just finished mine up last weekend, it was "fun" Things I had to do:

Grinded the calipers like hell. You'll think you have enough, but you won't. It's a long boring trial and error...lots of errors

Unbolted the bump stop, then grinded off the "bracket" for it. Make sure there aren't any sharp edges for one, and make sure you grind as much as you can so the tires won't touch it when you lower the car

Had to hammer the lower fender lip, the one closer to the front of the car. This only took about a minute for each side, wasn't as big a deal as I thought it would be

It took me a few hours to get them to work, but it's worth it in the end. I didn't take any pictures of what the area looked like once I was done grinding/hammering, but there should be some on search
Old 05-01-2006, 06:53 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Thanks for the info!!

Dan
Old 05-01-2006, 01:53 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

other than normal stuff like grinding calipers to fit the wheel, i did nothing to make those tires fit my TA. wheelwell area is fine. even left the bump stops!
Old 05-01-2006, 05:16 PM
10 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by gator's 99TA
other than normal stuff like grinding calipers to fit the wheel, i did nothing to make those tires fit my TA. wheelwell area is fine. even left the bump stops!

I have also ran that size tire in a M/T drag radial. I did no modifications either becuase of the tire. I only grinded the calipers to fit the 15" rim size.
Old 05-02-2006, 07:09 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Strahley
Just finished mine up last weekend, it was "fun" Things I had to do:

Grinded the calipers like hell. You'll think you have enough, but you won't. It's a long boring trial and error...lots of errors

Unbolted the bump stop, then grinded off the "bracket" for it. Make sure there aren't any sharp edges for one, and make sure you grind as much as you can so the tires won't touch it when you lower the car

Had to hammer the lower fender lip, the one closer to the front of the car. This only took about a minute for each side, wasn't as big a deal as I thought it would be

It took me a few hours to get them to work, but it's worth it in the end. I didn't take any pictures of what the area looked like once I was done grinding/hammering, but there should be some on search

You are runnin 11.5 inch wide tires.. He is running a 275/60 which is only 10inches wide in most cases. There should be zero grinding of the bump stops or pounding of the wheel wells to get those tires under an fbody.
Old 05-02-2006, 07:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 1QuickT-A
You are runnin 11.5 inch wide tires.. He is running a 275/60 which is only 10inches wide in most cases. There should be zero grinding of the bump stops or pounding of the wheel wells to get those tires under an fbody.
I figured they were the same size, my mistake

Quick Reply: What mods to fit a 275-60-15?