View Full Version : Are your tabs current?

Steve Goodwin
05-01-2006, 12:18 AM
I got a ticket today for expired tabs $ 194.00.

Not sure how I missed the renewing them but that is kind of a nasty ticket. I asked the officer you are not really going to write me a ticket for $194.00 he started in well it should be two tickets for $194 each as you don't have a front plate, so I signed it and got out of Kenmore.

longdaddy
05-01-2006, 12:32 AM
i forgot to renew and got pulled over a month and a half after old one expired, this february. the cop was VERY polite and told me I really should renew them, even explained directions to the office :jest: . I drove for another two weeks then decided I'm really pushing it and got the new ones

Ackattack1
05-01-2006, 12:41 AM
might be worth going to court, and just telling the judge you forgot....(make sure you have current ones when you go there) They might drop the ticket all together.

iansane
05-01-2006, 01:36 AM
I got a ticket today for expired tabs $ 194.00.

Not sure how I missed the renewing them but that is kind of a nasty ticket. I asked the officer you are not really going to write me a ticket for $194.00 he started in well it should be two tickets for $194 each as you don't have a front plate, so I signed it and got out of Kenmore.

:confused: Washington doesn't require front tabs...

Poik
05-01-2006, 01:40 AM
Yeah but they do require a front plate.

howierd42
05-01-2006, 02:02 AM
Umm ... it is still April. May 1 is not until Monday and you have more than one car available to you in order to get new tabs from the DOL.

GEARHED
05-01-2006, 02:26 AM
Do yourself a favor: buy at least 18 month tabs though 20 months might be available. Why people don't know this is confusing to me, used to be you could buy 24 months in one shot.

That happened after taking the garage queen out one spring and forgetting the tabs expired in February because its a different month every two years. The Judge dropped the case when I showed him the new tabs and my records of buying up to 24 months at a time when I could but the last time I could only buy 18 months.

What is odd is on the truck I got the tabs in time but forgot to put it on the plate. I went from June last year to just last month with an expired tab and not one cop pulled me over - and I drive through Bothell/Kenmore often.

I really think they profile the F-Bodies and no offense Steve, but you ain't no spring chicken so I have to wonder what bug was in that cops pants to give you a ticket. It isn't like you are the kind of person to intentionally try to skip around renewing your tabs :confused:

GEARHED
05-01-2006, 02:28 AM
Umm ... it is still April. May 1 is not until Monday and you have more than one car available to you in order to get new tabs from the DOL.
Check your registration. They now have specific dates it needs to be renewed like 3/28/06.

Anyone know if the "30 day grace" period still is law?

TwoFast4Lv
05-01-2006, 02:39 AM
Check your registration. They now have specific dates it needs to be renewed like 3/28/06.

Anyone know if the "30 day grace" period still is law?

WE HAVE A WINNER!!!

YES I have told many of you that your tabs expire on a particular day. THe Nice police officer can write you on the 2nd day of the month if they expire in the 1st ;)

$194 is a little god damn much but we must remember for some officers it is REVENUE enfforcement not Serve and protect like it used to be ;)

GEARHED
05-01-2006, 02:43 AM
I just wanna know what I won :confused:

prolly a box of packing peanuts ;)

howierd42
05-01-2006, 03:00 AM
WE HAVE A WINNER!!!

YES I have told many of you that your tabs expire on a particular day. THe Nice police officer can write you on the 2nd day of the month if they expire in the 1st ;)

$194 is a little god damn much but we must remember for some officers it is REVENUE enfforcement not Serve and protect like it used to be ;)
I know the reg does indicate a specific day but the cop really would not know that unless he was just being a dick (like that would ever happen :eyes: ) and ran every plate he saw. Don't Kenmore kops have anything better to do besides waste tax payer money by upstetting people who are already pissed off by their traffic lights?

GEARHED
05-01-2006, 03:39 AM
Don't Kenmore kops have anything better to do besides waste tax payer money by upstetting people who are already pissed off by their traffic lights?
Apparently not.
Look at all the money the need to bust the crackheads - that is a lot of "tab" tickets :eek2:

yes Rott, its sarcasim :P

DrEvyl
05-01-2006, 05:52 AM
Mine are all current..

WAHUSKER
05-01-2006, 09:39 AM
Good topic Steve, what with the Car Club opener in B-town on Saturday. As much as it sucks!!! Dorthy, or Darth? Anyway, you all need to go look & make sure your tabs are current. If they aren't you will NOT be allowed to race Saturday. Sorry, but thems are the rules.

TwoFast4Lv
05-01-2006, 10:37 AM
BTW we do give the Grace period for CCCA ;)

BTW Howeird. YES they do run just about every plate they see now ;) Kirkland is worst! I can not tell you how many times I got pulled over in a customer car because the Custom did not have a licence! It evedently gives them the right to pull you over and search :(

VIKING
05-01-2006, 11:07 AM
Tabs? Just do like Mark does and buy a new car. :)

Rottluver
05-01-2006, 12:32 PM
Tabs? Just do like Mark does and buy a new car. :)
WINNER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D

1BAD95Z
05-01-2006, 12:48 PM
Is that a 'fix it' ticket or are you just screwed and it goes on your record?

Tylerb59
05-01-2006, 03:58 PM
Another good question ... have you checked your tire pressure lately?

Car kicked out on me hard @ 60mph more then usual today when I was called out by a sportbike on the way to work. When I got on the brakes hard @ 120 the thing pitched out again and I had to steer into it to stay in my lane. I do understand @ 500rwhp weight transfer is a large function of balance however in a straight line it shouldn't turn like that.

Pulled over the next offramp to check my tire pressures. 40/40/40/30

Oh yea ... and I put a few lengths on the bike. I don't know my bikes so I can't even begin to tell you what it was. It was a sleek looking bike for sure though. Got a thumbs up from the rider.

NataSS Inc
05-01-2006, 06:09 PM
might be worth going to court, and just telling the judge you forgot....(make sure you have current ones when you go there) They might drop the ticket all together.

Judges response:
"Ignorance of the law is no excuse"

TwoFast4Lv
05-01-2006, 06:15 PM
Judges response:
"Ignorance of the law is no excuse"

DAMN!! I guess you are just screwed then :devil: :judge: :bang: :engarde:

Amorget
05-01-2006, 07:07 PM
Wow, that sucks... those at CCC know that I pulled up in Vette w/ tags 2 years expired that was a daily driver. I drove w/ expired tags for nearly a year before I actually put them on my 2000.

rocketrider93
05-03-2006, 04:06 PM
hey washington guys i don't see how this could possibly true but is it true that you guys no longer really have to have a license? i was talking to somebody yesterday and i am sure they were blowing smoke up my rear but they said in washington, driving was a right not a privilage and that you couldn't even get a ticket for driving on a suspended. could this possibly be true?

Tylerb59
05-03-2006, 04:08 PM
Other way around.

Driving is a privilege not a right. You're in some serious poo if you're caught driving with a suspended license.

Poik
05-03-2006, 05:06 PM
Other way around.

Driving is a privilege not a right. You're in some serious poo if you're caught driving with a suspended license.
Well.. Kind of. International driver's licenses seem to work ok too.

planemech2
05-03-2006, 07:37 PM
A woman here in Greybull got pulled over by a "brand new Deputy" and was arrested, put in jail for 2 days all because of a clerical error that showed her license was expired. Fortunately for her she is married to a "very experienced" federal trial lawyer. I think Big Horn County is gonna pay big time on this one. Her license is good and her husband is really pissed. This will be interesting.

rocketrider93
05-03-2006, 07:59 PM
Other way around.

oh yeah i agree it was just what someone told me but she was a crack head anyway so i didn't really believe it but i had to check it out.

Rottluver
05-04-2006, 12:08 PM
Who the hell goes to actual jail for an expired license????? :eek2: Wyoming must have a loooooooooooooooow crime rate. :confused:

planemech2
05-04-2006, 11:29 PM
That's one of the great things about Wyoming. Plus, most people here have lots of guns. Not too many screw with your stuff.