Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

whos got vibrations?

Old 05-01-2006, 07:16 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default whos got vibrations?

hey guys. i just got my boyd jyd's on a couple of weeks ago and i love them! they look absolutely great. unfortunately though, i have a vibration that starts at around 50 mph and goes on up to 65. then it fades, but comes back at around 85. it really takes alot out of owning "custom" wheels. i have personally balanced and road force balanced these wheels, and still have the vibration. im taking it to the local badass tire shop to see what they can do and see if they can determine exactly what the problem is. i just wanted to vent a little bit. who else has a vibration/shimmy?
Old 05-01-2006, 09:08 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Those are all signs of the wheel/tire being out of balance. . . .

Are the wheels hub centric?
Old 05-01-2006, 09:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

if you torque the lugs down out of sequence it will give you vibrations.
Old 05-01-2006, 09:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

^^^ive never heard of that....might have a tire thats hopping a bit...may be chopped out
Old 05-03-2006, 01:28 PM
TECH Apprentice

Well, I Just Heard From The Owner Of The Tire Shop, He Says That The Front Left Wheel/tire Assembly Has 66 Lbs Of Road Force, And That After Rotating The Tire 180 Degrees On The Wheel, It Still Had 60 Lbs. The Right Rear Has 48 Lbs. I Contacted Discount Tire Direct, And They Were Fairly Hellpful. They Are Going To Ship Out Another Set, That They Are Going To Inspect And Measure Before Shipping. (they Are Going To Bill Me For Them For The Time Being As Well, And Then When I Ship My Current Wheels Back, They Wil Refund The Money) They Are Also Paying For Return Shipment. Hopefully This Will Take Care Of My Problem. If Not, I Will Probably Bail From The Boyd Name Alltogether And Get Something Comporable.
Old 05-03-2006, 01:42 PM
TECH Resident

wow, that's WAY too much...lol

I just had it done to my gf's car and the most she has was 22lbs on one rim/tire. I don't feel a thing at highway speeds though

Search this Thread