Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Maybe you LS1 guys can answer this

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2006, 10:37 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Maybe you LS1 guys can answer this

I converted my '95 Formula exterior to an '01 T/A. I went with an LS1 air intake setup with the lid, etc. Where the hell does the intake air come from?

There is just a small slot in front of the airbox and no real place to draw air with the hood shut. I know there are alot of hi hp cars runing this same setup, just wondering how. With the hood shut, it totally blocks the area directly in front of that airbox opening. I figured it was getting air from the radiator updraft, but the area behind the hood latch, etc is separated from that by a hard plastic wall. Just wondering if I should go back to my old CAI that curved to the left and drew cold air from the fenderwell.

Thanks
Old 05-01-2006, 11:17 PM
12 Second Club

FRA...free ram air, do a search and youll find your answer
Old 05-01-2006, 11:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Everclear... why are you writing "post junky" in multiple threads. That is a good way to get yourself kicked out. Especially since you only have like 50 posts and it looks like you are just posting to get to 50.

Just my $.02.

By the way, I am planning on converting my 96 to ls1 style intake when i get my new hood. Anyone got pictures of a lid with the filter out to show where the air comes from. That might help a lot.
Old 05-01-2006, 11:56 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yourmomisapostjunky
Old 05-01-2006, 11:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Actually EVERCLEAR
I just looked at your post history and pretty much every post you have made here says "Post junky", kind of hypocritical and ironic but whatever. I hope that a moderator will take care of you because you are they type of person who messes up a great site like this.

Hopefully I won't see your screen name again. Byebye
Old 05-02-2006, 12:28 AM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

But it is getting fixed, and will be stopped.

Anyway. You will pick up ambient air with it setup that way unless you fab up a true ram air system.
Old 05-02-2006, 12:44 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Sorry, I know i went off topic but people like that make me mad.

As for the intake, air gets pulled up from in front of the radiator. It may not seem like much space but its good enough. In the sticky in the top of this section called "Exhaust and Intakes" or something like that, there is a section on cold air for the lid with the FTRA and others like that. You should look into that if you are worried about air flow into the lid.