Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help decide Which single Chambered muffler to go with!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2006, 01:28 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help decide Which single Chambered muffler to go with!!

i have a 89 vette L98(going in my 85 T/A) with zz4 cam, 1.5 rockers,headers 3inch exhaust out back . I am wanting to make my own chambered exhaust like GMMG, There is the power stick, stainless's single chambered, flowmaster single chambered, sweet thunders, and GMMG exhaust itself if theres any that i am leaving out let me know. Would it be cheaper to just buy the GMMG than build my own custome one. A shop will be providing all the tubing and everything else.

Last edited by 85firebird; 05-02-2006 at 01:40 AM.
Old 05-02-2006, 01:33 AM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Just get the GMMG, you cannot go wrong with it. 1 chamber flow would work though.
Old 05-02-2006, 04:05 AM
TECH Addict

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

GMMG is great and you won't go wrong with it. However if you are wanting a custom setup then it does leave the doors open more.

In all honesty any will be great. Personally I like the Powersticks as they don't neck down like some other chambered mufflers do this makes them flow better. They are also a great price, the only down side is they are only available in aluminiumised steel.

If you want stainless steel ones then check out Stainless Works chambered mufflers, they are very similar to Powersticks but in stainless steel, however you will pay a premium for them.

I've never done much research on the Sweet Thunders but as far as I know they do indeed neck down which does restrict flow, but on most allplications this shouldn't be an issue.

Flows are very popular and do sound good and many swear by them. The only issue I have is they are larger (width) than the others and may be more difficult to locate on a custom setup.
Old 05-02-2006, 11:47 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yea, I like the Flowmasters, but they are kinda large. They also make some race bullets, which I'm thinking about trying when I pick up some headers.