Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

More BGRA questions

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2006, 02:09 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default More BGRA questions

I have a couple of questions regarding the BGRA that I can't seem to find answers for anywhere. I posted it in a thread in the Special Edition Vehicles section but figured it would get more views in the External section. First, does the rain blocker still work without the entire kit? Also, could one just buy a piece of foam and the replacement gasket and use the gasket as a template to cut the foam or is the foam part included in the replacement gasket that they still sell?
Old 05-02-2006, 08:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Did you already buy the kit? I ask because I think they don't make them anymore. Good luck on trying to find one if you don't already have it.

As far as your questions go, I don't have the slightest clue.
Old 05-02-2006, 08:19 PM
TECH Resident

I don't have the bgramair but I rigged mine to work , you can still buy the rain blocker and the gaskit, let me kinow if you want pic's and I'll post.
Old 05-02-2006, 09:24 PM
On The Tree

No I don't have the kit, I am just wondering if those pieces that they still sell separate would work on a car that doesnt have the kit and if you could use the gasket as a template.
00'WS6Rocket: Yes, I am definately interested in some pics if you could post them, did you use the existing pieces that they still sell?
Old 05-02-2006, 09:38 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MJE95GAGT
No I don't have the kit, I am just wondering if those pieces that they still sell separate would work on a car that doesnt have the kit and if you could use the gasket as a template.
00'WS6Rocket: Yes, I am definately interested in some pics if you could post them, did you use the existing pieces that they still sell?

I'd like to know this also......pics would be great!
Old 05-03-2006, 02:35 PM
On The Tree

Bump for the day, if no one knows then maybe I will just buy the parts and see if they will work myself and let everyone else know
Old 05-03-2006, 04:38 PM
TECH Resident

Yes these are the existing pieces that they still sell its the gasket and the rain blocker!!!

OK this pic is just the gaskit bolted bolted on to my car// all I used was air tools to drill out the baffles then i drilled holes on to the gaskits where they would line up with the holes on the hood.. the silver tape in the middle on the top and bottom will be explained below..

this pic is the rain blocker that I drilled 2 holes bottom and top to line up with the 2 middle holes on the hood ( silver tape with holes ) the reason I put the tape is cause I used wing nuts so the rain blocker is easy on and off and the gaskit was too thick to use the wing nuts..

this is the pic with the rain blocker on my car.. I put the rain blocker in the ram air hole and make the bolts come out toward the engine bay and put the wing nuts on the top and bottom to secure it..

got any more questions just ask
Old 05-03-2006, 05:18 PM
On The Tree

That is exactly what I am looking for, thanks a lot man!
Old 05-03-2006, 08:05 PM
TECH Regular

That tiny little hole is enough for air to come through? Is it really better than the baffles that are in there stock?
Old 05-03-2006, 08:10 PM
TECH Resident

Thats the rain gaurd !!!! its only on when it rains
Old 05-03-2006, 08:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

does it seal with the airbox?
Old 05-03-2006, 09:56 PM
TECH Resident

yes the gaskit sits right up to the airbox, I know the gaskit doesn't look thick in the pics but its prolly bout an inch thick!
Old 05-03-2006, 10:27 PM
On The Tree

notice a difference in performance?

ether at the track or the *** dyno?
Old 05-03-2006, 11:16 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by 00'WS6Rocket
Thats the rain gaurd !!!! its only on when it rains
now i get it...
Old 05-03-2006, 11:29 PM
On The Tree

One quick question, you said you had to drill holes in the gasket to match up with the holes on the hood. So do the holes provided on the gasket line up with any of the holes on the hood? If there are any that do, would it be stable by just bolting it up using those or is it necessary to drill those extra 6 holes?
Old 05-03-2006, 11:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

id be willing to sell mine since im going with a procharger setup soon... but only for the right price seeing that you cant get this anymore. you will need new gasket since my nitrous lines cut them a lil bit, but you can still buy those. as seen in the picture i also have the end pieces to complete the look
Old 05-04-2006, 12:22 AM
TECH Enthusiast

so how much $ are we talking about? and what about the gains?
Old 05-04-2006, 11:32 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by MJE95GAGT
One quick question, you said you had to drill holes in the gasket to match up with the holes on the hood. So do the holes provided on the gasket line up with any of the holes on the hood? If there are any that do, would it be stable by just bolting it up using those or is it necessary to drill those extra 6 holes?

There are no holes on the gaskit other then the ones that you drill out thoose spots that you see that look like holes are actually holes that run through the gaskit part but not through the back( the back is a hard plastic that the gaskit is glued on to ).... the top two fit in the holes in the gaskit part ( still have to drill through the back) the rest i had to drill into the gaskit and out through the back. it took prolly 2 hours to totally remove my baffles and do all the drilling in to the gaskit and the rain gaurd and put it together. of course i had air tools it might take longer for a battery/electric drill.

The arrows are where the screws are that scrw into the hood and the circle's are where the holes are where the rain gaurd fits in to

what about the gains?
I didn't notice any off the bat but I've read that the added hp is in the higher rmp ranges...
Old 05-04-2006, 11:36 AM
TECH Resident

In regard to the way I did it with just the rain gaurd and gaskit I just like to add that you can keep your grills on the front of your ram air and I would recommend that you keep them so it will stop some debre like rocks and leaves or trash from entering in to your airbox, of course if you don't your filter will stop these from actaully entering the engine..so far i haven't had any problems!

Ithink i bought the gaskit and the rain gaurd for about 50bones.