Review: Pinnacle XMT Carnauba Finishing Glaze

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2006, 02:20 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Review: Pinnacle XMT Carnauba Finishing Glaze

Product: Pinnacle XMT Carnauba Finishing Glaze

Price: $12.99

Manufacturer's Claim: "Pinnacle XMT Carnauba Finishing Glaze is a sophisticated blend of gentle cleaners and rich carnauba wax. The combination is scintillating on any paint finish. You will see depths and hues in your paint that you never knew existed. It’s your paint finish, amplified."

Packaging: The 12 oz. bottle is easy to handle and the product comes out easily. The labeling is a bit "flashy" for my taste, but that has no real bearing on the product itself.

Usage: I used it as per the directions. The vehicle was freshly washed and had recently been clayed and polished (I wiped the vehicle down with straight isopropyl alcohol to ensure a clean surface). I applied a few lines of product on a Lake Country finishing pad and polished the vehicle on speed 4.5.

Overall Thoughts and Notes: The product was easy to apply and removal was effortless with a quality MF towel. The paint was left with a smooth surface, minor defects were covered, and it left a wet appearance that had a "warm" carnauba look. I finished the vehicle by adding a coat of Pinnacle Souveran, but left one panel with the glaze only to check durability. Overall, it was an easy-to-use product that left a good finish. It seems to make a good base for a carnauba.

I do have the other XMT products and will review them when possible.

Feel free to leave questions/comments.

Quick Reply: Review: Pinnacle XMT Carnauba Finishing Glaze