Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Got the newly built 4L In!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2006, 04:54 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Got the newly built 4L In!!

After 2 LONG months of working and saving, I finally got a reliable person/shop to rebuild my 4L60E for the LAST time. Now I know in time this sucker will break again, but so far so good!

We got it all hooked up and installed Sunday, then I immediately took it to the track! I got my 7.5s back! I car was running 1.66 60", up from my previous best but considering the weather hi-ho, hi-ho!!

Trent from Specialty Transmissions in Duncanville did a really great rebuild with quality parts and it runs so well!! The TransGo parts he put in really make a difference! He also carries a warranty, which is rare!

Now I can concentrate on ported Ls6 heads and roll cage. But after this one breaks I got something unbreakable in mind!

Until then, rock on 4L!! (BTW, I am really crazy...)
Old 05-02-2006, 05:15 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The TransGo parts kick *** for the price. My last rebuild lasted two years with these parts, facing 10s, 500+ rwhp/rwtq, and repeated 1.6x 60' times.

I just installed mine a few days ago, again using the same parts. We'll see how it likes the latest round of mods
Old 05-02-2006, 06:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well you can't say rebuilt for the last time because inevitably it is a 60e......

If I were you I would have sent the tranny out to FLT. Maybe you can use them NEXT time.