Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Custom Loudmouth?

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2006, 10:49 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Custom Loudmouth?

Has anyone ever put two mufflers before the tips on a loudmouth set-up? Would it be possible? I have a bullet in the I-pipe and it is way too loud? Any suggestions other than changing exhaust? Thanks
Old 05-03-2006, 04:01 AM
TECH Addict

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Are you running cats/LT's/cam?

In theory you should be able to do this, but the pipe on the passengers side is not straight so you will likely need an exhaust shop to fab up a bend with the muffler else the tips won't be in the correct place. Maybe some 10 series Flowmasters would work as you can get them as short muffers (6" I think).

Kinda curious if you didn't want loud why have a Loudmouth?
Old 05-03-2006, 07:49 PM
Teching In

I didn't realize how bad the interior resonance is...I can barely hear the radio...Does magnaflow make a muffler that would fit?
Old 05-03-2006, 07:54 PM
TECH Regular

Before you do anything to drastic I suggest you replace the current LM "muffler" with the muffler on the LM2. My friend has the LM2 on his 98 Camaro and it sounds great. It actually uses a real muffler instead of an expansion chamber. The interior noise is not bad at all and it has a great low tone. BTW he is still running manifolds and the stock Y. You can check out sound clips of it on LS1sounds.com. Good luck!