Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Turbo-zone twin & single turbo kit?

Old 05-01-2006, 12:59 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default anyone know anything abut Turbozone kits?

Hey I have been juggling around the idea of FI for a while now, and i saw a new sponsor today on the list. Turbozone.com. I decided to check em out and they have some really really cheap kits! Turbokit with no intercooler for 1750, intercooled for 2750, and a twin turbo setup for 3500 to 4000 dollars. Now i know it says at the bottom that it comes with no wastegate, turbo or BOV, but i am just wondering if this would be a cheaper route to go? like buy these and then buy the turbo later? I also just want some info on what you guys think of these setups and this sponsor, cuz i searched and found nothing. Thanks
Old 05-01-2006, 01:46 PM
Restricted User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Some good questions!

Yes, we are new but not new to turbo, turbo cars and building turbo kits. We've been in and around this stuff for at least a decade.

The purpose of the kits is as you describe - to allow a person to either build up their full kit slowly, at their pace, or when money permits.

Any questions, feel free to call or e-mail.
Old 05-01-2006, 01:46 PM
Teching In

I have worked with turbozone for a few years as they do a lot of performance parts for tubo cars. I own a used car dealership and they have done a few GN's for us with some upgraded fuel systems and bigger tubos , injectors, ect and also have done a couple of Mits. Eclipse GSX's for us. They owner John knows his s@#$. He has been talking to me about the twin kit for the C5 and from the sounds of it you cant buy anything out on the market that cheap. I dont know a ton about turbos other than they are a blast to drive but I did take a ride in one of his old GN's and IT RAN GOOD.....REAL GOOD. Nothing but good things to say about John and his company.
Old 05-01-2006, 02:01 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by NOSjohn
Some good questions!

Yes, we are new but not new to turbo, turbo cars and building turbo kits. We've been in and around this stuff for at least a decade.

The purpose of the kits is as you describe - to allow a person to either build up their full kit slowly, at their pace, or when money permits.

Any questions, feel free to call or e-mail.

Got Pics???
Old 05-01-2006, 02:09 PM
12 Second Club

yea, please, some pics, preferably f-body. I am very interested in this as well.

Jeremy
Old 05-01-2006, 02:11 PM
Restricted User

No pics yet, we're finishing up a few kits this week. I hope to get them up quickly.
Old 05-01-2006, 02:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Looks interesting. I'll keep my eyes open for this one.
Old 05-01-2006, 02:39 PM
TECH Addict

Im pretty interested to see some pics, until then...
Old 05-01-2006, 02:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

For the $4,000 TT kit... Does it retain anything like P/S or A/C?
Old 05-01-2006, 03:01 PM
TECH Addict

great pricing

do your kits use tubular or log style headers?
Old 05-01-2006, 03:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

im gettign a turbo kit in a week so some pictures would be real nice right about now
Old 05-01-2006, 07:36 PM
12 Second Club

I would be interested in learning more about your C5 corvette kit... Pics...
Old 05-01-2006, 08:26 PM
Restricted User

The kits on the site are based off a truck manifold setup. The truck manifolds are inexpensive, easy to find and very strong. We include a bracket for Alternator relocation but the A/C must be removed. Power steering stays.

On the same note we are developing another kit that uses headers and will retain all accessories.

As far as pics, we are working as fast as we can to get these kits done. I know you guys like to see what they look like but other than some piping and flanges, that's the whole ball of yarn.

The Corvette kit is in development but with so much other work, it is hard to find time to finish mocking it up. I hope to get that kit done by next month.
Old 05-01-2006, 09:58 PM
TECH Addict

so its 1750 for just hot parts essentialy

no turbo no intercooler etc
Old 05-01-2006, 10:47 PM
Banned

Its not a bad price, $1750, considering you are getting your feed pipes and down pipe that you know will fit. I did mine my self for around $400 but spent alot of hours cutting a welding to get it all to fit right.
Old 05-01-2006, 11:00 PM
10 Second Club

John is a great guy to talk to and I have plans to do business with him in the future... +1 for Turbo Zone
Old 05-02-2006, 05:40 AM
On The Tree

im working with him now on getting a kit....we'll see how it turns out.
Old 05-02-2006, 03:21 PM
On The Tree

Looks like im backing out of this deal. I have been talking with them for a week. I described in full what I was looking for and what I wanted. They told me that they set me up a package and would get back to me on 5-1-06 and give me a price for the kit. I told him I would be ready to buy. I emailed them today and asked if they had anymore information for my package and he asked what I was looking for. I wrote this guy a long page of what I wanted and he lost track of it.

He replied back in email and stated,

" I have been getting so many PM's, IM's and e-mails that I'm only keeping track of the actual customers that are buying or putting a deposit down on a kit."

I guess this goes to tell you, that if you dont give him money ASAP, he will lose you in the many. It just showed me that he's not responsible and I can't have that when dealing with that much money.

Just my .02 on this business after dealing with them for a week. I just got "blown off" because I did not put money down for the package he never gave me a price for.
Old 05-02-2006, 04:13 PM
Banned

That sucks.
Old 05-02-2006, 04:39 PM
Restricted User

Originally Posted by JakeROFL
Looks like im backing out of this deal. I have been talking with them for a week. I described in full what I was looking for and what I wanted. They told me that they set me up a package and would get back to me on 5-1-06 and give me a price for the kit. I told him I would be ready to buy. I emailed them today and asked if they had anymore information for my package and he asked what I was looking for. I wrote this guy a long page of what I wanted and he lost track of it.

Please, you DON'T have to buy a kit from me. You are only made things difficult and in my opinion never posted specifics. Please show me in these PM's where you state specific power levels or ideal goals you'd like to see:

04-30-2006, 05:58 PM

Hey,

I went to your website and checked out your turbos. I read some posts of what you said about your prodcut being a good start out kit with a good price. I have a stock 1999 t/a. I am looking to put a turbo on the vehicle for fun. I will not be racing the vehicle and its not my daily driver. I want something that will pick up speed and a nice sound. The car will be parked for the most part.

I like the street zone kit which i think is all i will need. I do have mac headers w/ ORY (not installed). I plan to go FI before all motor. I had a 2000 t/a that I did H/C too and I wanna try something new.

Can you work with me and tell me what you think will be good that you have. I am looking for something complete 100% to be installed and work. Remember that I am stock, but i may put a cam or headers on if the turbo system lets me.

let me know what you think and see if we can work something out.

thanks
Ron

04-30-2006, 06:56 PM

My car is a M6 and I would have to keep the A/C. This car wont be raced, just a fun car to cruise around in.

If you do have a kit which will bolt right on as described below, let me know. I would be interested. Just let me know everything (name brands) which it includes and how much. I have the money to pay in full or half down.

>>Turbo-Zone reply: Roger that - keep A/C, I'll include a nice BOV in the kit. Normally I use Turbosmart stuff for my race kits, however to keep pricing down, we can use Tial or other for the w/g's and BOV's. The turbos used are either Garrett or Precision. The Intercoolers are custom made bar and plate cores - the best. Piping is standard 16 gauge Aluminized mild steel - nice strong stuff, no rust. Piping is MIG welded on hot side (for strength) and TIG welded on cold side for strength & aesthetic appeal. In addition, for a little more, we can ceramic coat the hot side and powder coat the cold side. It's up to you, the alum. m.s. will hold up to anything.

I will figure a total price and get it to you Monday. Thanks for your business!

Respectfully,
John C.
Turbo-Zone<<

04-30-2006, 09:18 PM

Thanks,
Ron

Today, 06:38 AM

Hey man, have you gotten anything yet.

thanks!

>> TZ reply:
Do you have an idea of what kind of power levels you'd like to make? I need a rough idea to size the turbo.

Respectfully,
John C.
Turbo-Zone<<

Today, 02:02 PM

A turbo that will produce a good amount of power at some point. Right now I dont plan on doing more then 6psi. At some point, I may wanna try 10 psi.

>>
TZ reply:
Okay, however are you looking for a certain number? Would you like to see 450 at the wheels, 500 or 550?
I think 6psi on a moderate size turbo like a T67 would work well for you and easily get you 450rwhp or more at 6psi. How does that size sound?
<<

Today, 04:03 PM

Re: Your turbos
sounds fine.

Today, 04:07 PM

If you look at some of the old pm's we talked about. I already described what im looking for. I'm no turbo expert and thats why I told you what I want and u can help me out and see what we can do. If you could, let me know a price range were looking at.

So, please don't go making assumptions and heresay.

Have a good day.

Last edited by NOSjohn; 05-06-2006 at 11:26 AM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Turbo-zone twin & single turbo kit?