LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

edlebrock intake commin soon

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2006, 12:46 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts

Default edlebrock intake commin soon

i seen a add for it in GMHTP this month. Its a air gap style for the lt1, i think its pretty cool that finally somone is making somethin different for our cars now.
Old 05-03-2006, 01:13 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

so now the question is, is whatever they're goign to be asking for the intake going to be worth the gain in performance. Me personally I don't like the idea of it not mating up to stock ports on the head without porting..
Old 05-03-2006, 05:50 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by buffman
so now the question is, is whatever they're goign to be asking for the intake going to be worth the gain in performance. Me personally I don't like the idea of it not mating up to stock ports on the head without porting..
It's my understanding that the manifold won't match up with the LT-4's ports out of the box, but those ports are a little larger, aren't they?

Since there are a lot more LT-1s on the road than LT-4s, wouldn't you expect Edelbrock to make the manfold to fit the much larger percentage of cars?
Old 05-03-2006, 10:20 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by leadfoot4
It's my understanding that the manifold won't match up with the LT-4's ports out of the box, but those ports are a little larger, aren't they?

Since there are a lot more LT-1s on the road than LT-4s, wouldn't you expect Edelbrock to make the manfold to fit the much larger percentage of cars?
I agree 100%.

I think i'll just stick w/my stock intake.
Old 05-03-2006, 10:29 AM
TECH Enthusiast

What's the possibility that somebody like Lloyd Elliot would start messing with it? I know he does more than just stock parts? anybody?
Old 05-03-2006, 03:44 PM
TECH Addict

Either Manifold will not match up to any stock set of LT1 or LT4 heads, because the manifold was specifically designed for edlebrocks LT1 and LT4 heads..
Old 05-03-2006, 03:53 PM
TECH Veteran

are you serious!!! what a bunch of natzies!!!!!
Old 05-03-2006, 04:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Ok then, I would like to see how Edelbrock's new parts compare to other head/intake combos. Guys, this is good news, regardless if this new piece fits into everyone's game plan, at least the Gen II is getting some fresh ammo!
Old 05-03-2006, 06:19 PM
11 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Thing is their heads are a joke 16cfm more than stock BUT they get some light grinder at the factory work to accomplish that, treat the stock heads to a bit of grinder work and you will be right there.

They jumped back in because of the ASSumption that their parts will be good and worthwhile. The thing could be proven to produce a power loss and they would still have a hard time keeping it on the shelves because people these days are that stupid.
Old 05-03-2006, 07:36 PM
Launching!

I would say its a great thing..... try buying a lt4 manifold now..... I saw one one ebay go for 1200$ and it was just a plain jane nib lt4 manifold. at least we now have a alternitive.. also i dont think they make a lt4 style head so why are we assuming that it only matches their heads???

this is great news for the people buying the afr lt4 heads and the trickflows....
Old 05-04-2006, 12:04 AM
TECH Addict

well for one thing it says so right in their product description/instruction manual for the intake
Old 05-04-2006, 12:42 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'll reserve my final judgement on performance numbers until after the thing actually comes out and real world tests have been done to it. One thing I will say is that Edelbrock would be smart if they offered this intake in their new Permastar finish because I have a feeling that with the amount of hype that has been built up around this thing, people's expectations are going to be unrealistic so if they fail to impress on power-adder merit alone they may as well rely on "bling" factor as a backup.
Old 05-04-2006, 05:39 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by thesoundandthefury
I'll reserve my final judgement on performance numbers until after the thing actually comes out and real world tests have been done to it. One thing I will say is that Edelbrock would be smart if they offered this intake in their new Permastar finish because I have a feeling that with the amount of hype that has been built up around this thing, people's expectations are going to be unrealistic so if they fail to impress on power-adder merit alone they may as well rely on "bling" factor as a backup.
Good point. If I remember correctly, they had an LT-1 manifold on the market very briefly about 10 years ago. I assume it was configured for the stock, GM ports.
Old 05-04-2006, 12:10 PM
TECH Addict

Good point. If I remember correctly, they had an LT-1 manifold on the market very briefly about 10 years ago. I assume it was configured for the stock, GM ports.

yeah I remember reading about that. I dont even think they sold any because after they tested it and found it made less power than stock they pulled it. Personally, I would think they'd be having more people purchase a manifold that they did more research on and did something change runner length and so forth.. Maybe an LSX style composite intake deal or something. Ohh well`
Old 05-04-2006, 12:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by buffman
Either Manifold will not match up to any stock set of LT1 or LT4 heads, because the manifold was specifically designed for edlebrocks LT1 and LT4 heads..
when did they change that?

Old 05-04-2006, 04:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

well then, this is good news, unless it's been changed.
Old 05-04-2006, 04:38 PM
TECH Resident

I would look at this only if you have either aftermarket heads or some well ported heads from AI or wherever. The stock intake already flows much better than the heads. That's why a larger throttle body or some intake porting usually results in little to no gain in power. I can see how this would be awesome with a nice set of ported heads with larger valves and a 58mm throttle body, if you already have a cam, 1.6 RR, CAI and headers. It would also be nice if the "AIR GAP" concept actually does what it claims, and give us an extra 4 rwhp or so like the TB bypass does. Otherwise, I don't see this being worth the time or money. I'm just excited by the fact that the aftermarket is finally making good products for the LT1 (including the MSD opti).
Old 05-04-2006, 04:45 PM
9 Second Club

Received 64 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by seawolf06
I would look at this only if you have either aftermarket heads or some well ported heads from AI or wherever. The stock intake already flows much better than the heads. That's why a larger throttle body or some intake porting usually results in little to no gain in power. I can see how this would be awesome with a nice set of ported heads with larger valves and a 58mm throttle body, if you already have a cam, 1.6 RR, CAI and headers. It would also be nice if the "AIR GAP" concept actually does what it claims, and give us an extra 4 rwhp or so like the TB bypass does. Otherwise, I don't see this being worth the time or money. I'm just excited by the fact that the aftermarket is finally making good products for the LT1 (including the MSD opti).
dood.. no one can say they honestly care abut gaining performance from this intake... i would just like to be able to get a LT4 intake for a reasonable price... i dont care about performance gain..
Old 05-04-2006, 04:45 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by A-man930
Ok then, I would like to see how Edelbrock's new parts compare to other head/intake combos. Guys, this is good news, regardless if this new piece fits into everyone's game plan, at least the Gen II is getting some fresh ammo!

i TOTALLY agree with you bro. Weather or not its good or bad its nice to see people actually paying attention to the lt1 still. Now if other compinies sees that edlebrock is making somethin for the lt1 NEW then maby well get more new stuff commin. Maby this is a start to a wonderful begining
Old 05-04-2006, 04:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

we have seen alot of new aftermarket parts for the lt1 in the past few years.
optis, heads... now we just need a big bore block

Quick Reply: edlebrock intake commin soon