Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Darts just went up at jegs...

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2006, 09:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Darts just went up at jegs...

Price just went up $400 a set assembled.

Just search for the term "dart". The LS1 darts are the first return.

The assembled price at ~$630 just went to >$800 per each.

Ben T.
Old 05-03-2006, 12:28 PM
TECH Senior Member

That sucks, how about Summit?
Old 05-03-2006, 12:35 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thats what they should cost.
Jegs was selling them with almost 0 markup for some reason.
Old 05-03-2006, 03:44 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

That's why I got mine when I did.
Old 05-03-2006, 03:56 PM
On The Tree

I would have bought some for that price.
Old 05-03-2006, 07:06 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by vettenuts
That's why I got mine when I did.

So, what were your results?
Old 05-03-2006, 07:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

$640 at summit w/instant rebate...
but for how much longer..., could end soon...
Get them while you can...
Old 05-03-2006, 07:31 PM
TECH Resident

$640 is a great deal.
Old 05-03-2006, 07:36 PM
TECH Resident

SDPC has them at a pretty good price still.
Old 05-03-2006, 07:42 PM
TECH Apprentice

I didn't see an "instant rebate" on Summit's website when I last looked on Sunday (but I didn't really look that hard) So I ordered mine from Jeg's at $1280 for the pair. I told the wife that I needed to order them before the price went up (all that accomplished was a funny look...you know, the one you get when they think you're trying to BS them) Anyways, I just showed her that the price went up and now I'm a "good guy" because I saved some money (Yay!!) I've been watching both websites knowing that Jeg's wouldn't be far behind Summit's recent price increase.

(EDIT) I just looked at Summit's website and they've changed it since Sunday. The instant rebate wasn't there.
Old 05-03-2006, 07:46 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by JZ'sTA
Thats what they should cost.
Jegs was selling them with almost 0 markup for some reason.
0 markup compared to who? Just wondering if you personally had knowledge of Jeg's pricing or not because when my dad's friend ran a speed shop his dealer price was more than Jeg's sells MSD's for. Jeg's is rediculous and buys large quantities at a time direct so their price might be a lot different than what you think.
Old 05-03-2006, 07:47 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by exSSer
So, what were your results?
Posted in the dyno section last week.
Old 05-04-2006, 09:20 PM
Staging Lane

all the money i spent at summit i should get them for free
Old 05-05-2006, 01:51 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by njn63
0 markup compared to who? Just wondering if you personally had knowledge of Jeg's pricing or not because when my dad's friend ran a speed shop his dealer price was more than Jeg's sells MSD's for. Jeg's is rediculous and buys large quantities at a time direct so their price might be a lot different than what you think.

Jegs price might be cheeper then some shops prices however I know what summit pays, and I assume the price is the same.
I also know what Murry's pays as I got a set from them and I made the sales guy tell me what the price was when I ordered. It was exactly the same as the summit price.
Anyways there was profit being made just not a huge percent.
Trust me if Jegs was paying was less there would have been no reason to raise the price.
Old 05-05-2006, 05:00 PM
TECH Resident

Just ordered mine from summit today, 1275 assembled, can't beat that

Can't wait to see what i put down
Old 05-06-2006, 06:01 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Anybody heard if this issue presented by Jason at TSP has been corrected with the Dart heads?

We've had several sets of Darts smoking on us & honestly I don't know why they're doing it. We've talked with several guys from Dart, & some of the best engine builders in the country on this. The guide clearances appear to be fine, but some of the heads just flat smoke like crazy. We've stopped all sales of the Dart castings & are one by one replacing each smoking set with LS6 heads. We've researched the way the heads drain oil, checked guide clearances, & checked each runner for leaks. Currently we still don't know for sure what's causing these issues.

We work very hard to make cylinder heads that don't have issues. Our complete cnc porting process & cnc valve job system helps to insure that each set of our LS6 heads flow & perform exactly to specs. We had planned on finishing up a new cnc valve job configuration so we could cut valve jobs & cnc port the Dart heads, but honestly at this point I guess we're done with them.

The most frustrating part of this situation is some guys have no problems what so ever & some guys have crazy amounts of smoking. CNC porting can't really cause a cylinder head to consume oil, but somethings doing it so we're going to make sure & swap out the sets that have issues with our LS6 heads.

We're currently working on swapping over to the Edelbrock casting & have over 20 sets of them going together with both our current port & our new 200ish cc kick butt small runner head. This new small runner head should perform better than the competitions small runner head & offer features and options that you guys will love!

One thing I can promise you guys is we work very hard to make sure everything we produce is second to none! From the big flowing stock valve Street LS6 heads that sell for under 1k, to the new small runner 200ish cc heads, we'll continue to push to produce the best cylinder heads on the market!
404cid Stroker, 67mm Twins
994rwhp/902lb ft @ 22 psi (mustang dyno) www.Texas-Speed
Old 05-19-2006, 04:43 PM
On The Tree

Default Pricing

Knowing first hand about our dealer pricing Jegs and SUmmit buy just like any other dealer for Dart, no special treatment, this help keep the market fair. Jegs and Summit catalog pricing has to be approved 4 months prior to printing, when we originally priced the heads it was using our existing parts, 11/32 valves, standard springs, and retainers etc.

We heard your voices and we decided to change to 8mm valves, more expensive than 11/32, beehive springs, more expensive than regular springs, titanium retainers instead of steel, (do you guys watch the metal market to see what titanium cost these days), seals that have the hardened shim built in etc. These things are what changed the cost. Summit and Jegs were not making money selling parts at $640.00 each.

Hope that clears up the cost issues!!

As for smoking issues, buy the as cast heads, and bolt them on, havent had any problems, we are working with TSP to find out why they are having problems now...

Thanks
Old 05-20-2006, 07:07 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Somebody on here said TSP was the only one having problems with them .... hmmmmm. Who knows what was going on with them. I've seen them put down some pretty good numbers, though.
Old 05-23-2006, 05:25 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Dart331Stroker
Knowing first hand about our dealer pricing Jegs and SUmmit buy just like any other dealer for Dart, no special treatment, this help keep the market fair. Jegs and Summit catalog pricing has to be approved 4 months prior to printing, when we originally priced the heads it was using our existing parts, 11/32 valves, standard springs, and retainers etc.

We heard your voices and we decided to change to 8mm valves, more expensive than 11/32, beehive springs, more expensive than regular springs, titanium retainers instead of steel, (do you guys watch the metal market to see what titanium cost these days), seals that have the hardened shim built in etc. These things are what changed the cost. Summit and Jegs were not making money selling parts at $640.00 each.

Hope that clears up the cost issues!!

As for smoking issues, buy the as cast heads, and bolt them on, havent had any problems, we are working with TSP to find out why they are having problems now...

Thanks
Does anyone know if you order from jegs or summit with if you will get the new upgraded parts instead of the old cheaper parts?
Old 05-23-2006, 06:03 PM
TECH Regular

Just got mine a couple days ago from Summit and they have the beehive springs/ti retainers... so I imaging the rest of the improvements are there.

Mike