Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pacesetter and TSP Catted Y help.

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2006, 06:27 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pacesetter and TSP Catted Y help.

So I just bought Pacesetters and TSP's catted Y. The Y didn't come with any assembly instructions, can you guys help me out with that? Also I've heard the bottom O2's holes on the headers can't be reached??? I got the extensions for the top from TSP what do I need to do with the bottom O2 holes? O2 sims? Where do I get em and they plug into the bottom O2 sensor holes on the headers correct? Thanks.
Old 05-03-2006, 10:33 PM
TECH Apprentice

Its a bit confusing. The shorty "bendy" piece goes on the drivers side header collector. A short piece with a cat goes on that one and then to the Y collector. The longer piece with the cat in it goes to the passenger side header. Your front O2's go in the header collectors. You can reach them with the 24" extensions you got from TSP. There are no rear O2 bungs. You can either use sims and tie them up or tune the rear O2's out with HP tuners.
Old 05-03-2006, 10:34 PM
12 Second Club

I figured it out with the picture they have on their site.
Old 05-04-2006, 02:20 PM
Launching!

I figured it out with the picture they have on their site.
Yeah, I think I've got the Y figured out.

[QUOTE]There are no rear O2 bungs. You can either use sims and tie them up or tune the rear O2's out with HP tuners.[QUOTE]

So if I tune it out with HP Tuners those holes on the bottome of the headers will be open? Or do I plug them with something? Sorry for the retarted newb stuff!
Old 05-04-2006, 03:51 PM
TECH Resident

I just got a call this morning from Jeff's installer aboutt he TSP catted Y. They are gonan end up having to get it worked on at a muffler shop. They don;t know if a peice got doubled up or if its purely a fitment issue, or if one small peice was left-out.

They said looking at it just made their head hurt.

Shrugs, I guess we get what we pay for, and int he end another 100 for muffler to work on it is still less than some of the other options out there. Just hope it works and sounds as awesome as I hope

When you look inside your pipes did you notice a lot of overhanging metal / flash?