Bracket Racer's (Race Weight)

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2006, 08:10 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bracket Racer's (Race Weight)

I wonder if you guys try to keep the same race weight for every round, or your not worry about the weight on the run and just go by weather station or just dial a little lower?

This is my 3rd year running in our local Summit Series, and we start this weekend. I've done fairly well, but break out a lot. I got a lot of info from all the post the last month here, great info. Thanks guys and gals.
Old 05-04-2006, 11:22 AM
7 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I try to keep weight the same, especially from race to race. This way my logbook is even more of an advantage. I don't add fuel between rounds, but I do fill my tank to the top before making the first time run. A good figure is 1/4-1/2 gallon used per run, and that's not a ton, but by the end of the night it might have 1-2 hundredths of effect.

I do find my car picks up when we run within 30-45 minutes between passes. This is b/c of the trans and rearend carrying more heat, and that helps the oils thin a little and the car runs 2-4 hundredths faster, but this only happens 1-2 times. This is the main reason I added a trans temp gauge to the car this year to monitor it.

Good luck racing this year!

Derek
Old 05-04-2006, 11:49 AM
"The Drag Racing Director"

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I dont worry about the fuel to much during the race. I do like to keep the tank full. I worry about my TT times and my weather data for each run. Our weather station is dead on 99% of the time. I run the numbers before each round and dial accordingly.

Good luck to ya and remember, cut a good light and dial her tight.

Coach
Old 05-04-2006, 01:14 PM
TECH Addict

I keep my weight the same so I add fuel after each round. I use about 1/2 gallon or more of fuel each round.

Good luck this year.
Old 05-04-2006, 02:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Villain281H
I try to keep weight the same, especially from race to race. This way my logbook is even more of an advantage. I don't add fuel between rounds, but I do fill my tank to the top before making the first time run. A good figure is 1/4-1/2 gallon used per run, and that's not a ton, but by the end of the night it might have 1-2 hundredths of effect.

I do find my car picks up when we run within 30-45 minutes between passes. This is b/c of the trans and rearend carrying more heat, and that helps the oils thin a little and the car runs 2-4 hundredths faster, but this only happens 1-2 times. This is the main reason I added a trans temp gauge to the car this year to monitor it.

Good luck racing this year!

Derek
yep, what Derek said... I've retired from racing now, but I would fill up and not ad any fuel between rounds. I usually kept the rear and tranny nice and toasty with a couple of halogen bulbs Good notes and logs are a must.
(exception: dot 90 & index- I weighed the fuel every round)

happy racing!
Old 05-09-2006, 06:27 PM
12 Second Club

Are you making fun of my weight? wait a sec, how do you know my weight?
Old 05-11-2006, 11:04 PM
Staging Lane

Oh Brad your on here lol disregard anything I said in other bracket related posts! all lies all lies! LOL see ya next weekend maybe I can make it out of round 1, damn red lights and broken cars!

Quick Reply: Bracket Racer's (Race Weight)