Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Will This help me?

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2006, 09:57 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Will This help me?

i live in kansas and there are no tuners around in my area, im sure the closest would be more then 6 hours away, so having someone tune my car isn't really an option, i have a 99 m6 and i installed headers and ory pipe, and my car is running rich, will a mail order tune correct my A/F ratio? will a mail order tune be worth it?
Old 05-04-2006, 10:13 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by radcliffe18
i live in kansas and there are no tuners around in my area, im sure the closest would be more then 6 hours away, so having someone tune my car isn't really an option, i have a 99 m6 and i installed headers and ory pipe, and my car is running rich, will a mail order tune correct my A/F ratio? will a mail order tune be worth it?
Mail order is worthless for real tuning issues. You need more than just some flags changed or DTC's disabled. It would be well worth your while to make an appointment with your closest competent tuner in KC or STL to get it taken care of.

The only way a person could help you long-distance is if you were using a good scanner/datalogger and was able to send them log files and your complete bin file. Wideband data would be a great help as well.