Car got hit on Friday

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2006, 01:01 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Car got hit on Friday

Yep, leaving for vacation Saturday morning. My wife left work a little early in the Z28 to go home and finish packing. She called me at 4 to tell me some idiot tore up the side of the car. She was driving along and the other lane was not moving. This moron in a Durango just pulled into the side of her car as she drove by. Tore up the door pretty good. The rear quarter isn't bad and the bumper will need to be painted. I am not sure if it bent the axle (the marks were on the wheel too). Insurance can pay for that too if it breaks.

My main concern and question. The door popped back to shape, but the fiberglass is cracked in many places. How will the insurance company (allstate) handle this. Will they try to make the bodyshop repair it or will they just replace the door. I want a new door, but wasn't sure how much I would have to fight for this. Anyone have any experience with this?

I am also wondering how junk yard parts will affect her GMPP warranty. I was thinking of using this to make them use new parts.
Old 05-04-2006, 02:27 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Door will most likely be replaced.. will probably be used though. Allstate... they suck... trust me.. I work at a body shop lol... They want to save their money, not fix your car right. State Farm is best and doesnt use shitty aftermarket parts that dont fit.
Old 05-04-2006, 03:38 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

state farm is good bc they pay for everything and have the body shop write the est.. (if you like paying high premiums to have them pay like that).. allstate is pretty bad though.. I work for progressive.. we would replace it b/c fiberglass in a large door like that would have a high prob of cracking...
Old 05-04-2006, 06:18 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by TXMaro
Door will most likely be replaced.. will probably be used though. Allstate... they suck... trust me.. I work at a body shop lol... They want to save their money, not fix your car right. State Farm is best and doesnt use shitty aftermarket parts that dont fit.
Yep, That's why I have state farm. honestly, I have shopped around and have not found their prices to be any higher than anyone else. At least for what I drive and my driving record. They have always taken care of me and getting my car fixed. If I get any runaround, I just call my agent and he gets it taken care of.

I have had to deal with allstate before. They hate me and I hate them. My name is probably a curse word around their office. I guess I will just have to be prepared to do battle.

Any other advice from experiences with this type of situation would be appreciated. Thanks guys.
Old 05-05-2006, 12:58 PM
Launching!

Found out a bit of info and did some thinking. I have had work done at West Point Buick before and they did good work. Bad part is they work with allstate so I am thinking I am assured of junkyard parts and that bothers me Other GM bodyshops I have thought of going to were Knapp Chevrolet or Lawrence Marshall Pontiac/GMC. I have never used them before and have no real knowledge of their quality of work. Has anyone used them? Anyone in houston found a GM delaer to have a good bodyshop?

I mean the freakin car is 4 yrs old next month and has less than 30k miles. Everything is in perfect condition. I really doubt they are going to find a junkyard car in similar condition to pull parts off of.

TIA