Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Someone explain analog n20 gauges

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2006, 08:20 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Someone explain analog n20 gauges

So there are electrical ones that just have a wire sent but there are also the analog gauges, which I'm leaning towards more. So if I want to run a gauge to my A-pillar or center console I'm gonna need a nitrous line and some kind of T-fitting at the bottle? Or is there something else that can be run?
Old 05-04-2006, 08:33 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by B.W.
I'm gonna need a nitrous line and some kind of T-fitting at the bottle? Or is there something else that can be run?
manifold not t-fitting
Old 05-04-2006, 09:06 PM
Restricted User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes, you can run the feed line from the bottle up to the front, install a "manifold" which is a hexagon looking adapter if you will, that has a port on the side, or two. Then run a -4 to the noid from the end, and from the port, use an adapter from 1/4NPT to -4AN, then run a -4 line into the passenger compartment up the pillar into the gauge.

Now do I recommend it? No. Why, well if there ever is a leak by the line or gauge, you will fill the interior with a freezing Nitrous cloud, presenting a danger to you and or others. Not to mention the mechanical gauge do not pass track tech inspections when mounted inside. Not to suggest your using nitrous for Off Road use only or you care about tech inspections, just passing on the info.
Old 05-04-2006, 10:19 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's so clean to have my senders in the motor bay attached to the n20 and fuel lines and simple wire to the guages. I do use a NX guage screwed onto my fuel pressure regulator's manafold on my stand alone fuel tank to adjust my fuel pressure there.