gotta love west texas

Old 05-04-2006, 09:29 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default gotta love west texas

Well this evening has been interesting... I watched golf ball size hail pound the crap out of my car . I tried best i could to get it under the thickest part of the tree, but there are no leaves left on the tree now lol they are all on my car along with the melting ice. My moms expedition kinda has the higher price tag so it claims the garage . i havent got to go check for damage yet but hopefully its not to bad. Just thought i would vent a some on here..its helping a little lol.
Old 05-04-2006, 09:50 PM
9 Sec. Club!!!

Hope you have full coverage..
Old 05-04-2006, 09:55 PM
TECH Senior Member

We got one of thoes last week. It sux, first one I was ever in.
Old 05-04-2006, 10:46 PM
TECH Veteran

Where at in west texas are you?
Old 05-04-2006, 11:58 PM
Banned

storming like a nasty bitch here in sa
Old 05-05-2006, 12:02 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

It's getin good around hera little south of floresville
Old 05-05-2006, 12:29 AM
12 Second Club

it sounds like we are about to get here in college station. As of right now my car is under a friends covered parking so it should be alright. Hope everyone's car comes out ok.....i can't wait until this summer when i move to my new house with a freakin garage!! Sure will be a lot less stressful!
Old 05-05-2006, 01:00 AM
MJK
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SlowTA
storming like a nasty bitch here in sa
Yeah...I'm watching KSAT right now about that..

Well we had a pretty good storm here in Laredo..

TREE cracked and fell on my car.

It was a medium sized tree and my car was MOSTLY under the carport.But of course this stupid tree found the back end of my car...

My wife and I were out at dinner and never knew that anything had happened until we got home.

Thing that ticks me off was that it was our neighbor's tree and they seemed to not give a sh*t as to what happened because they all seemed to have just gone to bed.No "Do you guys need any help clearing OUR tree from your driveway and off your CAR?"...nothing.

Fortunately I don't see any damage to the car but,I am SURE there has to be a few scratches.We'll see in the daylight tomorrow.

A buddy of mine came on over and went to town on the tree...It has all been dumped over back to their yard.

Hope you guys are safe and make it through fine...REALLY sorry to hear about the hail damage TX_Z28_21!!
Old 05-05-2006, 12:45 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

next time run to a library or somthing and park under their garage, that's what i do when it get's nasty, you also get to meet interesting ppl there, people that actually care about their cars!
Old 05-05-2006, 03:58 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by reject
next time run to a library or somthing and park under their garage, that's what i do when it get's nasty, you also get to meet interesting ppl there, people that actually care about their cars!
I would have if there had been time...our wonderful weather station at lubbock warned us about 15 min ahead of time(i live in levelland)...unfortunatly i didnt know about it. so the tree was the best i could do. I think i managed to cover it pretty good, there are no noticable dings yet, but the car is still filthy so i can only tell later on when its clean if there are any smaller dings.
Old 05-05-2006, 05:12 PM
Staging Lane

I hope your cars turn out to be ok.......

Back in 95 I got caught in that Mayfest hail storm in Fort Worth. All I can say is OMG! Softball size hail coming down and bouncing 6 or 8 feet back into the air off pavement. Beet my dads car to a pulp. It didn't break out the windows but it did crack the front and rear. It put about 20 or 30 fist sized dents in his car, totaled it of course. Sounded like someone was standing outside hitting it with a sledgehammer. We were up under a tree too but it didn't help any. Good thing it was just his work transportation.

I hope I never get caught in anything like that again, especially in my car.
Old 05-06-2006, 02:25 AM
FormerVendor

Mine got pelted at work today but it wasnt big enough to ding. Couldnt ask for better weather on a friday

Search this Thread