Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dial it in a little closer...

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2006, 09:25 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Dial it in a little closer...

Just a new theory to combat the interpolation the PCM does with the VE...

It is my understanding the cells in the VE table in the PCM as well as EFILive measure the row/column data as a midpoint. In other words, the 2400 RPM row in the scanner will capture data from ~2200RPM to ~2600RPM. Having seen the way the FAST system defines interpolation last weekend (really awesome setup if you ever get to see it in person)...I started thinking: When logging data...set the cruise to the various RPM's listed in the VE table row. Then, filter the data after the log for each row +/- 25RPM. For example, 2400RPM data should include data points from 2375RPM-2425RPM only. This won't completely eliminate the side effects of interpolation, but I believe it will definitely decrease its influence on your data.

Thoughts???
Old 05-05-2006, 10:19 AM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Tuning is the beginning to developing OCD I have long stopped worrying about the finer details. Hell ive even stopped using the filters and cell counts since I have access to a load dyno.

My thoughts I wouldnt worry to much about it and you prolly dont need to dig in that deep.