Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Brainstorming nitrous bottle mount...

Old 05-05-2006, 10:48 AM
7 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Default Brainstorming nitrous bottle mount...

Here's what I need to do. My Corvette has the battery relocated into the rear hatch area and the battery box is slightly taller than the orginal cover from the factory. Here is LPE's kit, mine is identical.

I have a battery kill switch that is going to be on the rear wall of the hatch area so the bottle needs to mount somewhere infront of that. I also need to be able to have access to the battery. I was thinking maybe a wooden structure that fits into the rear center compartment with a flip up portion to allow access to the battery. Any ideas would be appreciated.
Old 05-05-2006, 02:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's exactly what I did on mine. But, I didn't have the battery back there. I just made a plate that sat flush with the 1st "ledge" in the center comartment and flipped the bottle up when I wanted what was underneath. If you have a blowdown tube you'll have to modify it b/c the bend it to long and won't let the lid go back on the compartment. I just used a residential gas connector. Kinda hard to explain. I wish I had pics. I can get you the gas connector if you need,we stock them
Old 05-05-2006, 04:14 PM
Restricted User

Rather than wood, why not use Aluminum? I used two 1.25" wide AL flats .125" thick, to make a mounting base across the spare tire well on my F Body. You could use the same, available from Lowes/Home Depot/Ace etc.. and make box bracket for the bottle to mount on, and then use the Angle AL pieces to make the base for the box to rest on. Mount the base to the outter rim of the hatch, and then cut the box to rest on the Angles ledge (use some rubber feet for silencing), drill the Angle and Box out for push pins, or 1/4 turn fasteners. I know you like to do some pretty trick ****, and that would be pretty cool. I'll see if I can do a drawing up.

If you slot the four corner holes you adjust the end brackets more, unless you angle cut the four base pieces so it fits like a picture frame. The two cross pieces are the flat AL. Hope this helps.

Charlie

Last edited by CAT3; 05-05-2006 at 04:27 PM.
Old 05-05-2006, 06:38 PM
7 Second Club

Thats a good idea... I've got ~100lbs of scrap aluminum out back. Let me draw up a few things... Thanks!
Old 05-11-2006, 11:21 PM
Staging Lane

post up some pics when you are done...i need some mounting ideas on my c5
Old 05-12-2006, 09:27 AM
7 Second Club

Its mounted, I'll post pics soon!

Search this Thread