Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

a/c question

Old 05-05-2006, 02:23 PM
Temple, TX Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default a/c question

if my compressor is engaging but its blowing out hot air does that mean that my evaporator is more than likeley clogged up ?
Old 05-05-2006, 02:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

you could be low on freon, or the new equiv, there is a pressure switch in the car, usually it will not let the car compressor engage, but I have seen it many times. Check this first, usually this is the cause.
Old 05-05-2006, 02:46 PM
Temple, TX Resident

but the compressor is engaging when i turn the ac on and when we check the pressure of the system it was way too high soo it seems as if the drier/reciever is clogged ......
Old 05-07-2006, 12:57 AM
That's what she said...

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you follow the liquid line leaving the condenser, it runs past teh accululator, to the pressure switch, then bolts to the part right before the evaporator. There's an orifice tube in there that loves to get cram packed with metal when the compressor gets fried.

Mine was reading perfect pressure with no cooling going on either. I replaced the orifice and blew out the system as well as I could. Year later I had to remove the new compressor when the clutch went bad, pulled the orifice tube out to see if there was any metal I missed, but there were only a few flakes.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: a/c question