Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Which exhaust setup to go with Longtubes
ORY w/ Dynomouth
0%
ORY w/ SLP Dual/Dual & cutout
14.29%
2.5'' True dual setup with chambered mufflers
85.71%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Which exhaust setup to go with Longtubes

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2006, 06:11 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Which exhaust setup to go with Longtubes

I finally got ahold of some longtubes for my LS1 t/a.

MY t/a has TSP Rumbler/Dynomouth. My Z has SLP dual/dual (w/ cutout in front of it). So I could use either one of those catbacks with an ory.

I haven't ordered a y pipe yet so I still have a few regrets here. Should i just get the ory and use a catback or go with true duals.

We don't have emissions but theres a lot of cops in my area, I am thinking if i dump the mufflers before the axle(couldn't afford going all the way out the back at this point in time). This is a nice day/weekend car that does a little bit of everything.

Exactly how much would it cost to order a true dual setup and have it welded together? I am thinking 2.5'' X pipe, 2 chambered mufflers and then dump before the axle. Will i not like this setup due to the fumes and such?
Old 05-05-2006, 11:44 PM
Tech Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

easily true duals w/flowmaster single chambers.

i've never heard an SLP exhaust sound good, ever, but that's just my opinion. i've also found ORY's sound bad too. again, just my opinion. i hope you're not trying to impress ME, cuz i don't take kindly to these backdoor shenanigans.

Captain O'Hagan: I swear to God I'm going to pistol whip the next guy who says, "Shenanigans."
Mac: Hey Farva what's the name of that restaurant you like with all the goofy **** on the walls and the mozzarella sticks?
Farva: You mean Shenanigans?