Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

whats the advantage

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2006, 10:50 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default whats the advantage

What is the advantage of a cowl hood on a fuel injected vehicle. When the air is grab from the front of the vehicle or does the cowl hood serve another purpose. Thanks And another question on a thunder racing 230 224 on 111 lsa any input.I have a M6 and thought this cam would compliment mid to high range. My goal is 10 sec. N/A
Old 05-07-2006, 11:12 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yeah the tight lsa will help, but your gona need a lot more duration to hit 10's n/a.

Why a split reverse?
Old 05-07-2006, 11:32 AM
Teching In

I was thinking that maybe the reverse would help less tire spin off the tree so i would be able to shift like hell the rest of the way. Is it maybe ineed better out the hole gas/clutch technique. So far my best 60' 1.94 on bfg's., small cam and lt's. Also torque arm (slp)
Old 05-07-2006, 11:36 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by got soul?
I was thinking that maybe the reverse would help less tire spin off the tree so i would be able to shift like hell the rest of the way. Is it maybe ineed better out the hole gas/clutch technique. So far my best 60' 1.94 on bfg's., small cam and lt's. Also torque arm (slp)
eh, i wouldnt cut down the power to get better grip.

no LCA's or relocation brackets?
Old 05-07-2006, 11:45 AM
Teching In

ok. i do have lca non adj. Im in the process of a new setup hopefully u would be able to drop some knowledge. So far i have bought a 90/90 FAST; Nick Will. took off all the the stupid egr provisions and ac unit.And do u the purpose of a cowl hood on a fuel injectd motor
Old 05-07-2006, 11:50 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by got soul?
ok. i do have lca non adj. Im in the process of a new setup hopefully u would be able to drop some knowledge. So far i have bought a 90/90 FAST; Nick Will. took off all the the stupid egr provisions and ac unit.And do u the purpose of a cowl hood on a fuel injectd motor
Yeah it looks cooler.

Some would maybe argue that it allows more air to flow around the outside of the engine, and carry away more heat. Which may be true but i doubt it makes any noticibly difference.

yeah that 90/90 is a nice intake manifold, but thats pretty big too, the air can get lazy in there without a decent ammount of duration, What gears do you have? is there any reason that you dont want a larger cam
Old 05-07-2006, 12:00 PM
Teching In

Really im open to all options.What would u reccommend to get 10's.This is my full setup.

'00 ls1 M6
asp pulley
slp lt's
90/90 (not installed yet)
slp subframes
agx adj. shocks
16" bfg's
slp TA
bmr lca
best et: 12.60 @110 1.94 60'

Thanks for your time