Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

so some guy tried to break into my car

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2006, 03:16 PM
CT Hotness

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default so some guy tried to break into my car

and it was the stinking camaro!! I went to the pike last night to take my trans am out for the first time since october. I was comtimplating bringing it back to my apartment and just leaving it in the parking lot of my apartment overnight (which is in waterbury ct- kind of the ghetto). I decided I didn't want to do that so I brought it back to my mother's house and put it in the garage (thankfully!). I stroll home around 1:30 am in the camaro, and went straight to bed. There really isn't many cars in my apartment parking lot nor do a lot of people in the complex drive (a lot are handicapt and collect disability). At about 2:30 am, my boyfriend and I wake up hearing a vehicle pulling into our lot, which is kind of odd so he peaks outside. The guy parked next to my POS 91 camaro, which has nothing but garbadge in it and a shitty CD player, and starts trying to pry it open. So my boyfriend yells out the window "whoa whoa whoa thats my car, i'm calling the cops" and the guy just gets back in his truck and leaves... lol. All I know is thankfully this has happened, cause I will NEVER EVER think about leaving my car here over night, and when I get my cobalt I'm going to rent an extra garage to keep it in. Grr. Oh well enough of the ranting, I just don't understand people sometimes.
Old 05-07-2006, 03:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Time to move into a better neighborhood. But really, I had a couple of neighborhood kids break into my car. They went around the neighborhood and opened all the cars that were not locked and stole a bunch of junk. About $5 in change in my car and a nice knife. Never got the knife back even after the cops caught them. They would not even tell us who it was because they were under age, but I know who it was.
Old 05-07-2006, 03:41 PM
Staging Lane

Waterbury = bad news. glad you spotted him and stopped it.

isnt Waterbury the worst place in CT to live? actually isnt it almost the only bad place in CT to live? well, Waterbury and North Hartford i suppose are tied for last place.
Old 05-07-2006, 03:42 PM

Bridgeport and New Haven have to be worse.
Old 05-07-2006, 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by davered00ss
Bridgeport and New Haven have to be worse.

im sure its a toss up, they all suck
Old 05-07-2006, 04:38 PM
TECH Apprentice

Must have been a Mustang guy trying to even out the competition.

^joke.

For real though, that sucks. Glad you caught him before he did anything like break a window.
Old 05-07-2006, 04:59 PM
10 Second Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

yeah that definitely sucks, sorry to hear it. The worst part is not being able to feel safe about parking your car at your own apartment... its like parking your truck at work one day and getting it scratched Hate ********
Old 05-07-2006, 05:00 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

like you said though steph atleast the t/a was safe in the garage and not at your apt
Old 05-07-2006, 05:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

that definitly sux steph, but at least it was the camaro.now you know not to bring a nice car there.
Old 05-08-2006, 04:38 PM
CT Hotness

yea waterbury sucks pretty bad. And apartments in general are too expensive, we like this place cause it is fairly quiet, VERY inexpensive w/garage, and on a dead end road where no one really goes. We figured the guy was just trying to steal the "beer" out of my car (we had a bunch of beer cases in the back but they were only full of empty cans). We can't even really complain, cause my boyfriend used to live in Wallingford which is considered nice and he had his bike stolen right out of his condo parking lot, so even "nice" places really cant be trusted
Old 05-08-2006, 09:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

I can't say which neighborhood in CT is the worst but East Hartford seemed to be a neighborhood with some issues. You can usually tell the nastier neighborhoods by the amount of check cashing and liquor stores I can't talk too much as where I live is only 20 minutes from 3 different slums.

At least your TA was safe!
Old 05-09-2006, 07:20 AM
12 Second Club

Thanks god it was your beater
Old 05-09-2006, 12:59 PM
11 Second Club

I thank god we've never had any issues around me, but the vette and stangs still sit in the garage everynight, keys in the safe. alarm on and dog awaiting.
Old 05-09-2006, 01:23 PM
TECH Senior Member

yell out the window? **** that noise...that ****** would have gotten a 250lb surprise of his soon to be short life
Old 05-09-2006, 01:49 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by PurEvl
yell out the window? **** that noise...that ****** would have gotten a 250lb surprise of his soon to be short life
I was thinking the same thing... That guy prob just pulled across the street and broke into a different car... I would have made sure the only think "broken" that night was his legs. Worthless f**Ks like that deserve to be beaten to death.
Old 05-09-2006, 02:03 PM
12 Second Club

Glad you caught the guy before he did anything...in the middle of the night...my bro had someone throw a brick through his hatch on his 91 camaro..just to steal a amp...by the time we got out there his buddy grabbed him with his car and got away...My bro had to buy a whole hatch window..them dudes deserve to get beat till they are almost dead...then they wont steal no more
Old 05-09-2006, 06:13 PM
CT Hotness

Originally Posted by Nautilus
I was thinking the same thing... That guy prob just pulled across the street and broke into a different car... I would have made sure the only think "broken" that night was his legs. Worthless f**Ks like that deserve to be beaten to death.
lol, you live in NH, you've never been here! I run to my car at 6:30 in the morning when going to work because I get nervous. A lot of people around here carry guns, I wouldn't be down there nor would my boyfriends scrawny *** even if he wanted to. As long as he leaves our property alone I have no concerns.

haha on another note, did anyone hear about all the massage parlors that got busted for prostitution in waterbury? 2 were in walking distance from my place, one that i can see outside my window. It was funny cause all my friends and I used to joke around about that place cause all it said on the sign was "Hong Kong Studio", and it was open all hours of the day.. and i guess it really was a place to get your happy ending
Old 05-09-2006, 06:34 PM

scrawny ***
Old 05-09-2006, 06:55 PM
Race your car!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Whole reason I'm building a garage, and own a couple rather oversized hand guns... posted above. Where I live in new britain, it's not that bad... but new britain only has bad sections and o.k. sections.. 2 sides of my property are owned by a convent full of nuns, and on the other side is a little old lady, that keeps her eyes on everything in sight LOL, plus I'm on a dead end street, about 1/2 way to the dead end. The " element" doesn't really hang on my street... too easy for the po-po to block off the whole road with one car and there's no escape route that way, unless they feel like hot-footing it.

Get out of waterbury, that's the only advise I can give. Regardless how cheap the rent is, or how close you are to whatever... it's not worth it.
Old 05-10-2006, 04:42 PM
CT Hotness

i dont see why everyone says get out of waterbury. My parents and whole family grew up here fine and quite frankly I love this area where we live. You just have to be smart, like in any other city