General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Need Help Asap!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2006, 04:16 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Help Asap!!!!

Ok guys this is what hapend, since I got my new wheels for my 01 Z28 draglites 15x8s I had to grind the caliper, so I did but when I finished grinding the caliper and mounted the wheels on my car and took it for a spin the "BRAKE" light on my dash turned on and another one that says ABS INOP turned on as well, How could I fix my problum? thanx
Old 05-07-2006, 10:32 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The brake light is most likely on because of the abs fault, So if you were in the wheel well area check the abs wires. Make sure you didnt unplug one or break it or something like that, also check brake fluid leaks just for ***** and giggles.
Old 05-08-2006, 10:36 AM
TECH Fanatic

Sometimes when running different size front and rear tires sets the abs inop light. Our cars are designed to have roughly the same diameter heght tires for the abs to function. If you didnt accidently unhook something the light will stay on depending on your rim/tire setup. I know some people that have pulled the bulb or put a piece of tape over it. If it is a tire combo problem.
Old 05-09-2006, 11:38 AM
TECH Regular

After all that grinding, you may have dirtied up your connectors. Take them out, clean them up and put em back in. Same thing happened to me (except, I'm running stock wheels and tires) and that fixed me up.