Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vette MAF-No screen??

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2006, 06:06 PM
Restricted User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vette MAF-No screen??

ok so i ported my MAF like an idiot (1999 Trans Am) and later found out it was "hurting" more than "helping"... im goin to get the car tuned in the near future and

basically i swapped the MAF off my bro's 2000 Vette (bone stock) , but i noticed it has NO SCREEN whatsoever, it makes sense because the intake on vettes is pretty straight(no need for screen to straighten airflow i suppose)

anyways, is no screen for Vettes Normal??...and will i be fine when tuning my car with the Vette MAF??? (btw, his car is a lease so his car doesnt really matter much lol) ---ALSO would it help to reset my PCM, > disconnect the battery etc so that when i drive my car with the Vette MAF it'll start to learn the new readings all over again?? THANKS IN ADVANCE...
Old 05-07-2006, 06:34 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

No screen is normal in vettes.

Fine for tuning yours, I have the LS6 Pace MAF in my intake track, has no screen.

Resetting the battery will not relearn the MAF, you need to swap in the MAF table from a 2000 vette bin , using HPTuners or similiar.