Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fast 90 w/ tpis 90 tb problems

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2006, 07:12 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Fast 90 w/ tpis 90 tb problems

Here's the problem. 04 c5 vette just installed a new fast intake and a tpis 90 tb and the cars idles and revs freely in park. Go to drive and press the throttle the car goes into power reduce mode and throws a p0068 code.Is this something that needs to be reprogrammed in the tune or is there something else that needs to be recalibrated? Any thoughts?
Old 05-08-2006, 09:30 AM
ESR
LS1TECH Sponsor

Default ....

Two issues Ive encountered............the p0068 can be adjusted in the engine diagnostics section. The other thing is that those FAST 90 mm tb tend to leak. Which is unmetered air which makes the car act crazy. Ive had three of those throttle bodies do that. Take wd 40 or something of the sort and spray around the throttle body. It probably will die out. That will be your leak.

Originally Posted by Mr.Nitrous
Here's the problem. 04 c5 vette just installed a new fast intake and a tpis 90 tb and the cars idles and revs freely in park. Go to drive and press the throttle the car goes into power reduce mode and throws a p0068 code.Is this something that needs to be reprogrammed in the tune or is there something else that needs to be recalibrated? Any thoughts?
Old 05-08-2006, 11:56 AM
Launching!

Can't find any leaks. It's a Tpis unit and not a fast if there is any difference. Is there anything else major in the tune that should be changed?
Old 05-08-2006, 12:10 PM
ESR
LS1TECH Sponsor

Default .....

Sorry did not realize its the tpis unit. I think you can up the p1514 code in egine diag. This will allow the codes not to be thrown. I can look at it tonight and tell you exactly which ones they are I dont have it in front of me so I cant tell ya for sure.

Originally Posted by Mr.Nitrous
Can't find any leaks. It's a Tpis unit and not a fast if there is any difference. Is there anything else major in the tune that should be changed?