Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

Who else went from C5 Z06 to C6 Z51?

Old 05-07-2006, 07:58 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Who else went from C5 Z06 to C6 Z51?

I'm still trying to honor the break-in period, so I'm taking it easy. So far, though, I am loving the A6. Are there any others who made the switch who have comments/opinions? Thanks!
Old 05-07-2006, 08:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I doubt you will find any on this board. Forum member Ranger went from an 02 Z06 to a new Z. Not sure if that helps Post up some pics.
Old 05-07-2006, 09:48 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by T-maxx
I doubt you will find any on this board. Forum member Ranger went from an 02 Z06 to a new Z. Not sure if that helps Post up some pics.
Don't have any yet. Only picked it up yesterday and the weather has been kind of crappy. I'll try to have some next weekend.

You mean I may have to migrate to another forum? Oh, the shame!

I know Tony has a C6 Z51, but his is supercharged, so he doesn't count.
Old 05-08-2006, 11:16 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 45 Likes on 19 Posts

sure, but I drove dozens of C5 Z06's in stock form and in 427ci form. I'm sure you have noticed by now that the quality of the C6 is much better, especially the interior materials.

congrats on the new toy! Surprised you didn't get a manual again.
Old 05-08-2006, 01:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Nine Ball
sure, but I drove dozens of C5 Z06's in stock form and in 427ci form. I'm sure you have noticed by now that the quality of the C6 is much better, especially the interior materials.

OK, def a newbie question (sorry) but was the 427ci a Z06 option for C5's? Or were you referring to aftermarket install? *flamesuit on*
Old 05-08-2006, 01:53 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Nine Ball

Thanks.

And, yes, I am blown away by the quality overall (I mean, it's no Lexus, but it certainly doesn't feel like a "Chevy" - more like a Cadillac). I thought the Z06 was much better than the Trans Am, and this C6 is much nicer than the Z06.

My Trans AM was MN6, too. After 6 years of rowing gears, I was ready for something different. Having only one hand on the wheel during spirited driving with the sensitive steering on these cars sometimes made me nervous (especially on rough roads), so I looked forward to the paddle shift even when it was still in the concept stage. I bent pushrods twice in the Trans Am from missing gears. Starting off in 1st with the Z06 in wet weather was touchy even with the traction control, and I needed to feel comfortable with my wife driving it.

Now, I have all the creature comforts of a Cadillac with all the performance of a Vette (with darn near the performance level of my 2003 Z06). What's not to love? Having a conversation with the Onstar representative from within the car was just too cool. This is my first Onstar equipped vehicle. And I only just started playing with the navigation system. That telescopic steering wheel, with my height, is a definite bonus. And it has a removable top! With the translucent top, it reminds me of my Trans Am. I think I've come full circle, combining what I loved from the Trans Am and the Z06 with a splash of luxury thrown in. I can really get used to this. And having paint that matches perfectly again is priceless. Sure, I probably could've repainted the Z06 5 times with what I paid extra for the C6, but who's counting.

Last edited by CySevans; 05-08-2006 at 02:04 PM.
Old 05-08-2006, 01:57 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by DocT
OK, def a newbie question (sorry) but was the 427ci a Z06 option for C5's? Or were you referring to aftermarket install? *flamesuit on*
That's definitely an aftermarket install. The 427 didn't become an option until the 2006 Z06.
Old 05-08-2006, 07:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by CySevans
That's definitely an aftermarket install. The 427 didn't become an option until the 2006 Z06.

I thought so...but can you imagine a 427 in the C5Z06?
Old 05-09-2006, 11:33 AM
Launching!

We just bought an 06 Z51 M6 but still have my heads and cam FRC. They are different in alot of ways but both still get the job done at the track. Clutch is lighter in the C6 which is kinda nice as it will get driver more daily than the FRC. I like them both. Better interior by far on the new one and it has a nicer steering fell to me on the road coarse to me as well. Pics form Sebring with the new C6 below link.

http://www.putfile.com/apexman1

Derek

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Who else went from C5 Z06 to C6 Z51?