Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

drivability issue after LS6 intake swap

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2006, 01:20 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default drivability issue after LS6 intake swap

My brother and I swapped the LS6 intake onto my car and as we were doing that we broke a sensor off which i bought from a gm dealership and then a couple hoses were ripped because we weren't being careful. We got new hoses and so we figured everything would be fine. When i start my car up it seems like there's a vacuum leak somewhere because the RPM's bounce up and down from 300 - 1000, and when I'm coming to a stop and press the clutch in, the RPM's raise up to 2000 and they don't go down till i come to a complete stop. Before i swapped the intake when i would be driving and i took my foot off the gas the cars RPM would go down a little showing that i was slowing down, now it acts like I'm on cruise control when i dont even have cruise control on my car anymore. Has anybody had this problem before, or does anybody have any suggestions on what could be causing any of this. Thanks for the help.
Old 05-08-2006, 01:25 AM
That's what she said...

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Did you replace the coolant lines running under it?

Sounds like a vacuum leak somewhere. There's only PCV, MAP sensor, brake booster, a/c vent door (tiny *** line in the back), EVAP, and fuel injectors that could be causing a leak.

Did you take the throttle body apart? The IAC plunger has an o-ring that can cause RPM fluxuation if left out.
Old 05-08-2006, 01:52 AM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Did you plug your MAF back in? Just go over the connections for the harnesses too.
Old 05-08-2006, 02:44 AM
SSU's Drunk Typing Whore

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ripped hoses? broke sensors? you need to be more careful in there man.