Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PO327 wont go away :(

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2006, 10:33 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PO327 wont go away :(

front knock sensor imput low or missing---something to that effect.

I replaced the sensor, put in a new knock sensor harness. Still got the code, so pulled the intake again, cleared PCM, clearenced the LS6 intake in case it was pinching. Taped the wires down to make sure they didn't move. Thought I had it licked as no codes popped for about 8 heat cycles on motor, then SES light pops this am on way to work . WTF. I've replaced both sensors actually. The harness I bought checks out on my ohm meter. Only thing I can think of is something jacked in my main harness to PCM

any other thoughts
Old 05-08-2006, 12:16 PM
11 Second Club

CoronaL : sure do not want to step on your toes--
would you please PM me the answer when you get it solved,
I have been fighting this problem 2 years ::
2000 camero= blew the oe pcm 2 years ago by up loading wrong file with LS1EDIT, car was fine for 6 months so I do not think problem is with PCM, but begain throw
code as of now I have change both kr's 3 times and horness 3 times, meg all wire out with meter ,still code come back after several driving cycle (sensor imput low ),

please pordon me for steping in, Johnny
Old 05-08-2006, 12:21 PM
On The Tree

no problem! It's all good if we can find a solution. I just stumbled on a killer C6 deal so might sell my Z06 and WS6 if I can find buyers. :O. Someone will get a killer car in this WS6 that I've got about 90% done . That is if I sell it. May change my mind I dunno. Just finished stereo install and damm does it HIT :O
Old 05-08-2006, 12:25 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Are both of you using a torque wrench when installing the knock sensors?
Old 05-08-2006, 12:51 PM
On The Tree

no
wasn't aware that was an issue

any tips for me???
I'd like to get this fixed for buyer of car prior to sale
Old 05-08-2006, 07:13 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

15 ft lbs. It's supposed to effect the sensitivity of them. But since you're just getting a low or no signal it may not effect that code. But if it's not the sensors, the wiring, or the torque, then the only thing left is the PCM. You might look real close at the pin in the PCM and the terminal in the PCM connector too. Here is the KS schematic and the pin assignments for the 99-02 F-body PCM.
http://www.ls2.com/boggs/dtcs/DTC%20P0327.htm
http://www.ls2.com/boggs/torques/99pinpcm.htm
Old 05-08-2006, 11:40 PM
11 Second Club

last time ( 3 rd time )I went 12-13 lbs, before I just tighten them snug with a short 3/8 ratchet, I have checked the pins on pcm each time,and also meg out the wires, bult the dam around them, last time sealed around the top of plugs and the wire in center of plug, and DID not wash it or drive in the rain,I get codes for both KR' one about 3-4 time more than the other ( I do not remenber which is more )
as I stated before ,I installed a new PCM about 4-6 months before problem started, I do not think it is problem with tune as I reflasned to several tunes which I used before problen, but problem back again after 3 sets of KR and 3 sets of horness,
mine throw codes for both KR' and just say LOW CURRENT.

I never get more than 1- 1 1/2 deg of knock
soneone please sove this problem, thanks,Johnny
Old 05-09-2006, 07:36 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 2xLS1
15 ft lbs. It's supposed to effect the sensitivity of them. But since you're just getting a low or no signal it may not effect that code. But if it's not the sensors, the wiring, or the torque, then the only thing left is the PCM. You might look real close at the pin in the PCM and the terminal in the PCM connector too. Here is the KS schematic and the pin assignments for the 99-02 F-body PCM.
http://www.ls2.com/boggs/dtcs/DTC%20P0327.htm
http://www.ls2.com/boggs/torques/99pinpcm.htm
thx for help
will follow that up when i get time
Old 05-10-2006, 01:02 PM
On The Tree

update!
brought the car to my friend to have the clutch system bled/heatshield applied to the master-slave line. Anywho, had him troubleshoot the codes etc... He says Knock sensors are working, he's picking up voltage in them when he bangs on metal part of the motor. So PCM is seeing the Knock sensors. That leads me to believe it's a PCM issue or an intermittent connection issues somewhere .

Going to talk to my tuner about it, maybe drive 2hrs to meet him and see if we can log the car in action. Friend also says car is running so pig rich it's not even funny, thinks it's costing 50+ hp just the way it's setup. I dunno, go figure. Might be time to hop on HP tuners bandwagon if I can't get it figured out with my tuner
thx

Quick Reply: PO327 wont go away :(