Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Major Dilemma need help!

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2006, 05:51 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Major Dilemma need help!

OK, heres my sad story. I got boyd coddington jyd's from dtd. everything was great. Until i mounted and balanced them. The car would shake violently above 45 mph. So i road force balanced them. Now the car shakes above 50 mph. I took them to the local wheel/tire experts (Marc Younts Tire and auto in Evans Ga. EXTREMELY HELPFUL AND COURTEOUS) to let them road force them. essentially, the wheels were FUBARed, and they suggested i replace them. I contacted dtd and they agreed to send me 4 new wheels and said that they would measure and inspect them before they sent then out. Well 3 out of 4 of the wheels look like a cam lobe when you spin them on a balancer without a tire. Theres no way someone inspected these and approved them to be shipped out. Bottom line is i am sending them all back, and not doing business with either boyd or discount tire direct at this point. I need some replacement qheels quick, since i sold my stock ws6 wheels already. Im looking to stay with 17s, and like a wheel with a dish to it. I dont really want to spend over 250 a wheel, since thats what i paid for the boyds. anyone got any suggestions?? Everything i like seems to come in a 17x7 or maybe 17x8, but thats not gonna hold my 275's. Please help me find some good looking 17's!!
Old 05-08-2006, 07:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

TomZWheels. He is a sponsor here and has a variety of wheels at very good prices. Shoot them an email or check out his store/ebay auctions. I would just suggest you call before buying to assure the wheels you want are in stock or ready to be shipped from his distributor. Very good customer service too.
Old 05-08-2006, 07:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

yeah ive heard nothing but good stuff about tomzwheels...thats where i plan on getting my wheels when i get the money
Old 05-08-2006, 08:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

What a disapointment

Sorry to hear.... I was considering some rims from DTD. Maybe not... now.
Old 05-08-2006, 08:18 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by blackbird95
OK, heres my sad story. I got boyd coddington jyd's from dtd. everything was great. Until i mounted and balanced them. The car would shake violently above 45 mph. So i road force balanced them. Now the car shakes above 50 mph. I took them to the local wheel/tire experts (Marc Younts Tire and auto in Evans Ga. EXTREMELY HELPFUL AND COURTEOUS) to let them road force them. essentially, the wheels were FUBARed, and they suggested i replace them. I contacted dtd and they agreed to send me 4 new wheels and said that they would measure and inspect them before they sent then out. Well 3 out of 4 of the wheels look like a cam lobe when you spin them on a balancer without a tire. Theres no way someone inspected these and approved them to be shipped out. Bottom line is i am sending them all back, and not doing business with either boyd or discount tire direct at this point. I need some replacement qheels quick, since i sold my stock ws6 wheels already. Im looking to stay with 17s, and like a wheel with a dish to it. I dont really want to spend over 250 a wheel, since thats what i paid for the boyds. anyone got any suggestions?? Everything i like seems to come in a 17x7 or maybe 17x8, but thats not gonna hold my 275's. Please help me find some good looking 17's!!

I accidentally made this post under my buddys account... he was signed on over here and i didnt bother to check. anyway. The prob with dtd isnt that the wheels suck i blame boyd for that, but its that they didnt do what they said that they were going to. I was assured my next set would be inspected and of useable quality. Either there workers are incompetent or they dont do what they said... either way I will not do business with them again in the future and wouldnt reccomend them to anyone. im sure some people have had awesome service, just not me.
Old 05-08-2006, 08:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 01RedT/A
I accidentally made this post under my buddys account... he was signed on over here and i didnt bother to check. anyway. The prob with dtd isnt that the wheels suck i blame boyd for that, but its that they didnt do what they said that they were going to. I was assured my next set would be inspected and of useable quality. Either there workers are incompetent or they dont do what they said... either way I will not do business with them again in the future and wouldnt reccomend them to anyone. im sure some people have had awesome service, just not me.
How did the shipping boxes look? Could Big Brown have done it? Lots of people here have Boyd's and I can't imagine their QC could be that bad.
Old 05-08-2006, 08:39 PM
TECH Apprentice

nah, they were packaged really well. and these things arent dented , the wheel is actually off center , you can see it hop on a balancer. with a tire on it, the front left measured in at 66 lbs of road force..