LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Computer/LT1/4L60E workings

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2006, 06:32 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Computer/LT1/4L60E workings

I have done some research on the wiring diagrams on OBD1 computer with 4L60E transmissions. What I am trying to figure out is, can a bad optispark cause the transmissions pressure control solenoid to cause low fluid presure. If I am not mistaken, the computer tells the solenoid to increase/decrease line presure according to rpm and many other variables. I havent been able to find any schematics to show what happens inside the computer with these signals. The reason I have this theory is, I had a trans rebuilt 3 times. Each time failing after about 1000 to 2000 miles. Every failure was 3 and 4 gear clutch burnt. The opti was also starting to go bad about this time. Just wondering if I fix the opti and then rebuild the trans, will it still fail or could this be a fix?
Old 05-08-2006, 08:20 PM
9-Second Club

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by lt1camaro95
I have done some research on the wiring diagrams on OBD1 computer with 4L60E transmissions. What I am trying to figure out is, can a bad optispark cause the transmissions pressure control solenoid to cause low fluid presure. If I am not mistaken, the computer tells the solenoid to increase/decrease line presure according to rpm and many other variables. I havent been able to find any schematics to show what happens inside the computer with these signals. The reason I have this theory is, I had a trans rebuilt 3 times. Each time failing after about 1000 to 2000 miles. Every failure was 3 and 4 gear clutch burnt. The opti was also starting to go bad about this time. Just wondering if I fix the opti and then rebuild the trans, will it still fail or could this be a fix?

That is what most alwys fails in those trannys. The opti has nothing to do with it. Instead, you probably need a new tranny guy. Doesn't seem to be that many that can build one to live.

Try Dana at Probuilt. http://www.700r4l60e.com/

He has several ten (and a few nine) second customers running the 4L60E
with no problems.

Good luck, Ed
Old 05-08-2006, 08:44 PM
10 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Not the only one Ed BUT a good choice

Quick Reply: Computer/LT1/4L60E workings