Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Help, is this an issue with my clutch ???

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2006, 09:02 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help, is this an issue with my clutch ???

I have had the factory clutch in there now for a little more than 5 yrs. and 30K miles later. Over this weekend, I feel as if the clutch pedal isnt as hard tp push in. Not as stiff, mayne I am nuts, I dunno.

But then, on a hill I thought again that my clutch wasn't engaging in the same spot and when it did, I heard a whine come from it.
During normal shifting it's fine, but just on 2 hills, I heard the whine.
Now today I didn't hear anything... I know I was crazy tired yesterday but I dont think I was going insane. So any ideas on this, thanks.

-John
Old 05-09-2006, 10:53 AM
12 Second Club

When you say that on a hill it "doesnt engage at the same spot and you heard a whine" did you start in first on a hill??? Or were you moving and shifting when it didn't?? If you started from a stop on the hill and heard a whine than I'm sorry but its time for a new clutch homes. Mine did that the last time when I went from my Spec 3 to my RAM. GOD I wish I could get 20k outta a clutch let alone 30.
Old 05-09-2006, 10:59 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Y2K SS
When you say that on a hill it "doesnt engage at the same spot and you heard a whine" did you start in first on a hill??? Or were you moving and shifting when it didn't?? If you started from a stop on the hill and heard a whine than I'm sorry but its time for a new clutch homes. Mine did that the last time when I went from my Spec 3 to my RAM. GOD I wish I could get 20k outta a clutch let alone 30.

Yeah I started out in first and at a stop. bllahhhhh new clutch, geez.
Well like you said, I guess 30k on it is pretty good, especially with some hard driving here and there....

Anyone have some ideas on what I will have to get, something that is better than stock, and also not too pricey.

I dont think it is something that I need like right now. It is still working fine as it. But I guess in time I will need to fix it.
Old 05-09-2006, 12:41 PM
12 Second Club

honestly... if your not gonna beef your car up much more stay with stock everything. Since leaving stock I cant even get 13k outta a clutch. Been through 3.
Old 05-09-2006, 01:46 PM
On The Tree

Yeah the only thing I plan on doing more will prolly be headers, and then that is it. I may do those in a few months to a year.

What will a stock one cost ?

Originally Posted by Y2K SS
honestly... if your not gonna beef your car up much more stay with stock everything. Since leaving stock I cant even get 13k outta a clutch. Been through 3.