Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Air in the line?

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2006, 01:56 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Air in the line?

Ok when I first start up my car in the morning my clutch will engage near the floor. After driving around for awhile and my car will start to warm up the clutch engages further and further back. Is this because there is air in the lines? I dont know what else there could be to cause this problem. If anyone else has an imput or a an answer to this question please chime in. And if there is air in the line what do I do the bleed the line. Is there a petcock to bleed the fluid out of.
-Thanks Brandon
Old 05-09-2006, 03:16 PM
TECH Addict

My best guess is air in the line like you already suspect. There is a bleeder valve (7/16th or 11mm socket) protruding from the bellhousing, located at the 10 o'clock position if you're looking towards the front of the car. You can bleed the old fluid out through there and use a mityvac to bleed more air bubbles out via the small hole in the master cylinder reservoir.
Old 05-22-2006, 07:46 PM
Staging Lane

There is still air in the line. When bleeding, depress and then just crack the bleeder and close. Does this until there is no play in the pedal and it firms up.