General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Camaro won't start along with a few other issues...

Old 05-09-2006, 11:29 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Camaro won't start along with a few other issues...

Well, a few weeks ago the car started to back fire pretty bad under anytype of load, and would stall. Also, around the same time the tach just stoped working. Now the car won't fire up, it tries to crank but seems like it isn't getting any or enough spark, also while trying to start it back fires/pops. Could it be timing off, bad coil/s, etc?

I'm lost any ideas would be greatly appreciated, I'm getting use of an ODBII scanner this weekend. This isn't my car but my brothers which has pretty much everything in my sig minus the MAFT.

Thanks
Old 05-09-2006, 11:44 PM
On The Tree

not too sure on that myself but i had a buddy of mine have the same problem and he went and changed everything i.e(plugs, wires, fuel filter and etc...) and continued to have the same problem and it had came down to his ignition switch and i have also heard of them going bad quite a bit and they cause problems with the trannys also sending them into fail safe
Old 05-10-2006, 05:18 PM
Staging Lane

Hrmm, thanks for that info. We will check that as well after scanning the codes, and changing his fuel filter.

Search this Thread