Southern Members A regional forum for all our down South members.

No Problem Raceway - June 4th

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2006, 12:27 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No Problem Raceway - June 4th

I'll be out there with my C5. Anyone else going? These events are tons of fun. Here's the event info...

Nowhere else will you be able to just pull your car up and race on a road course! No Problem Raceway is having another open hot lapping and/or drift practice session on the 1/2 mile peanut portion of the road course on Sunday, June 4th from 8 am to 7 pm.

This is NOT a competition, but a practice session for beginner to novice drivers. Instructors will be present. Racers are sent out three cars at a time in 5 second intervals with 5 laps per session. Try to catch the car in front of you and don't get caught by the car behind you! The "chase" is extremely fun and cannot be experienced with any other kind of racing... drag, autocross, or e-racing on XBOX. All you drag racers, this is MUCH more fun than going in a boring, straight line! Drifters are sent out in 10 second intervals and are kept spaced apart. Drivers may switch between grip and drift throughout the day.

- DRIVER FEE = $50 for unlimited lapping during Session 1 (8am to 1:30pm), $40 for unlimited lapping during Session 2 (1:30pm to 7pm), or $75 for a full session of unlimited lapping (8am to 7pm < tons of seat time). Drivers will get 40 to 60 laps per session. Group rates are available for car clubs of 7+ entering. Check website for more info.
- 5 LAP ONLY SESSIONS will be available for $10 (must first pay general admission to get inside)
- GENERAL / SPECTATOR ADMISSION= $8 with flyer (regular $10)

Drivers must preregister by phone. Call 225-247-RACE (7223) to register, only takes a minute. Spots are limited to 30 drivers per session, so call NOW to reserve your spot. Driver spots were completely filled at the last event on April 14th.

Formula D driver, Mike Peters with his supercharged LS1 240sx was drifting out there at the last event. Pic...

Old 05-17-2006, 12:43 AM
Teching In

no other corvettes going?
Old 05-17-2006, 10:27 AM
11 Second Club

I was thinking about it, but I have a wedding to go to on the 3rd and it depends on how drunk I get to see if I can get up Sunday.
Old 06-02-2006, 10:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I'll be there if I can find someone else to ride out with me.

Quick Reply: No Problem Raceway - June 4th