PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Differences in LT1 F-Body and Y-Body MAF Calibrations?

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2006, 02:56 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Differences in LT1 F-Body and Y-Body MAF Calibrations?

I just installed a Vortec/F/Y Body 3.5" MAF on my LT1 in my Fleetwood (stock 3.25" MAF) and copied in the Y Body (94 and 95 are same) MAF constants.

Now I am running BLM's around 160 all the time. So I started combing over my .bin/.lt1 files and found that the F body and Y body have different constants. They share the same MAF. Why the difference? Is this because of the inlet before the MAF? That seems to indicate that relocating the MAF to in front of the TB does have a significant inprovement in airflow.

Thanks!
Old 05-10-2006, 04:14 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just put in Stock F Body values over the Y Body and the BLM's are down closer to 128, but still range only 128-136. Closer at least.

Originally Posted by RamAirRocket
I just installed a Vortec/F/Y Body 3.5" MAF on my LT1 in my Fleetwood (stock 3.25" MAF) and copied in the Y Body (94 and 95 are same) MAF constants.

Now I am running BLM's around 160 all the time. So I started combing over my .bin/.lt1 files and found that the F body and Y body have different constants. They share the same MAF. Why the difference? Is this because of the inlet before the MAF? That seems to indicate that relocating the MAF to in front of the TB does have a significant inprovement in airflow.

Thanks!

Quick Reply: Differences in LT1 F-Body and Y-Body MAF Calibrations?