Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

? about air flow in a stock hood

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2006, 01:39 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default ? about air flow in a stock hood

i saw a guy on here with a stock trans am hood, it wasnt ws6 or anything but just the normal hood. he actually cut that little dam thing that comes down where the hood latch is, he cut it to where air could actually go through and it actually looked pretty good. im wondering if this could actually work? i know it seems kinda weird or i dunno, but compared to a new ws6 hood and painting, id imagine this hood job would work somewhat?
Old 05-11-2006, 12:12 PM
TECH Senior Member

..ttt
Old 05-11-2006, 03:55 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i think someone on here did a test to see whether air acutally gets forced into the hood where those inlets are (where the bumper meets the hood) and the air actually gets pushed pushed by the front of the bumper and over the top doesnt really get pushed into the inlets. kind of like how the bugflector things do on trucks. i could be wrong tho...
Old 05-11-2006, 09:49 PM
TECH Senior Member

that seems like that would happen, i just know when the hood is down that damn is blocking alot of air coming in the front, i wish i knew what that guys sig was cause it actually did look pretty nice. i dont see why that wouldnt work somewhat though....someone needs to do a test on it