Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

air intake question. need help quick

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2006, 04:48 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default air intake question. need help quick

This may seem like a horrible question but I'm trying to change my lid right now. And I'm trying to get the lid/maf/bellow to come off in one piece. Well there are these little black plastic screws that are holding the whole section down and they won't come out. There in between the lid and maf holding the black plastic down. Should I rip them out or should they come out? Thanks

Joel
Old 05-11-2006, 05:25 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Unclip the lid, and then take a flat bladed screwdriver and loosen the clamp where the bellows and the throttle body meet, pull the bellows off the TB, and there you have it, the whole assembly, off in one piece
Disconnect the electrical connector for the MAF, and the IAT sensor before removal (otherwise you'll be pulling wires out of connectors, and that's bad)
Tho why you want to take it all out when you don't need to I couldn't guess, just unclip the lid, loosen the clamp, grab hold of the MAF and pull the lid off, install is reverse of removal
Here's a pic to help you(thanks to LS1howto for the pic