General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Where's the oil going???

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2006, 10:02 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where's the oil going???

I installed my stroker about 2 years ago. After the initial break-in period I had it tuned and it was running fine. I still keep up on my oil changes religiously but I started noticing something funny. About a year ago I noticed that after 2000 miles I need to add at least a quart of oil. I usually need to add an additional 1/2qt about 500 miles after that. There is absolutely no oil dripping underneath, and I never smell burning oil or see any smoke. I'm running synthetic, but I can't see my motor drinking that much oil. Any ideas???

Also, I haven't driven the car in a couple of days and today I got in and started it up. I took it around the block and pulled into the garage. I was trying to hear an exhaust leak so I revved it up to about 4000rpm and let off. When I walked behind the car I noticed black water had shot out of the driver side tail pipe. Just a little had shot outof the passenger side. It didn't seem oily at all. Just looked like condensation and carbon. Is this normal? Thanks for all the help.
Old 05-12-2006, 12:41 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Drive for a whole oil cycle and never rev over 2500 rpm's and I bet you won't be missing a drop (not much fun though).

Carbon and condensation, cruise is nearly water and CO2 and WOT is a little swootier. It is normal.
Old 05-12-2006, 09:01 AM
Teching In

Install a homemade oil catch can and see if it catches any significant amount of oil.
perhaps due to your motor being stroked its sucking more in the PCV system..Just my thoughts...I may be wrong..Good luck