Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

hooker question...

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2002, 09:12 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hooker question...

I like the hooker catback sound but like my stock exhaust tips. If I replaced the stock muffler with a hooker muffler would it sound much different then a hooker catback exhaust?

What would I be sacrificing if I just replaced the muffler instead of adding the full catback system? Would it sound much different then stock?

The rest of the car is stock.
Old 12-13-2002, 10:50 AM
TECH Resident

Default Re: hooker question...

It would sound different for sure - the Hooker muffler you can buy separate from the catback has a smaller inlet diameter. Also, you'd have the stock (smaller) piping from the y-pipe back to the muffler. How much different? I dunno...
What about getting the Hooker catback and putting your stock tips on it instead of the supplied tips?
good luck,
Shane
Old 12-13-2002, 01:02 PM
On The Tree

Default Re: hooker question...

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Shane:
<strong>What about getting the Hooker catback and putting your stock tips on it instead of the supplied tips?</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">The Hooker catback outlets are 2.5" (don't be confused by the 3" tips) and your stock tips are 2.25". Any muffler shop should be able to weld 'em up no problem.