Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help. Just got the engine coolant flushed and fuel injection cleaning

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2002, 10:22 PM
Staging Lane

Location: Oklahoma 1000+ posts from LS1.COM and 430+ posts from WWW.COFBA.COM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help. Just got the engine coolant flushed and fuel injection cleaning

My car just got serviced for flushing the engine coolant and then they did a full 2 step fuel injection cleaning system(put some stuff in the gas tank and then did had this canister that slowly dripped the cleaner into my car witht the engine running). After it was finished, my car was releasing some smoke when I gassed it. They said to take it out on the highway and let the engine burn it all up and after driving on the highway for a while the smoke went away). Now after a week, it seems like my car has a tougher time starting up. Instead of starting right up right when I turn the key, the car sometimes takes 3 seconds to start up and sounds like it is having trouble. Did Valvoline mess something up with my car? Or what could have happened. Please help! I am very worried! BTW: This only happens when the engine is cold, but never did it before...
Old 12-15-2002, 10:31 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Help. Just got the engine coolant flushed and fuel injection cleaning

I'd replace the spark plugs and see if that helps.
Old 12-15-2002, 10:35 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,471 Likes on 1,060 Posts

Default Re: Help. Just got the engine coolant flushed and fuel injection cleaning

Yeah, plugs may have gotten fauled during the top engine clean.