Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

LS2 clutch from C6 into 01 camaro

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2006, 01:29 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS2,LS7 clutch from C6 into 01 camaro

got an LS2 2006 C6 clutch(non Z06), will it fit into 01 camaro ss? do i need to modify anything? or am i smoking crack thinking this will fit? read lots of threads about LS7 pressure plate with an LS2 flywheel but cant find any info for LS2 clutch (pressure plate) into LS1. or am i out to lunch, is the C6 clutch an LS7, for the money ive spent on clutch crap, I.e. (ls1 billet flywheel, clutch disk), LS2 clutch pac (pp, disk, flywheel) i could have went to the dealership and bought an LS6 clutch. need some answers from some experienced people before i spend anymore money. help please

Last edited by hhidyhoneighbor; 05-13-2006 at 01:40 PM.
Old 05-13-2006, 03:05 PM
Launching!

You need the ls2 flywheel. I have the ls7 clutch but the way it mounts to the pp is differant then the ls1. It has dowels, plus the clutch disc is more bulbous, not to mention the .5" increase in diameter. If it's an ls2 based engine I'm assuming all the clutches are going to be that same way, Zo6 or not.
Old 05-13-2006, 06:11 PM
Teching In

Default thanx heres another question

as for the LS2 clutch it has all LS2 parts bolted together LS2 flywheel,pp, and disk but the LS2 pressure plate looks different than the LS1 pressure plate, my question is will the LS2 whole package bolt right up to the LS1 engine and work with an LS1 slave cylinder or do i need an LS2 slave? i got the idea that the LS2 flywheel will bolt to the crank however will the pp work with the LS1 slave?
Old 05-13-2006, 06:35 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by hhidyhoneighbor
as for the LS2 clutch it has all LS2 parts bolted together LS2 flywheel,pp, and disk but the LS2 pressure plate looks different than the LS1 pressure plate, my question is will the LS2 whole package bolt right up to the LS1 engine and work with an LS1 slave cylinder or do i need an LS2 slave? i got the idea that the LS2 flywheel will bolt to the crank however will the pp work with the LS1 slave?
From what I've read everyone is doing fine just using 01+ hydaulics/slave, which you have.
Old 05-13-2006, 06:52 PM
Teching In

Default thanks bro

i PM'ed JRP and he said the same thing, just a minute ago. 01,02 hydraulics will work.
Old 05-24-2006, 12:46 PM
Teching In

Default LS2 install

putting in the LS2 clutch this weekend, ill take measurements of the thickness of the whole assembly and post up my results after the install. and any problems or issues i had, since im not sure if im gonna need a shim or anything and cant find any info on clutch thickness with regards to LS1 LS2 info. figure this weekend will be a blast, just need a six pack of beer and some patience.
Old 05-31-2006, 11:55 AM
Teching In

Default Put it in and all is good

other than just being a pain in the butt, everything went smooth, LS2 clutch is the same, and works like a charm, only difference is the weight, the LS2 clutch is about 12 Lbs heavier than stock LS1 clutch, however works great.

Quick Reply: LS2 clutch from C6 into 01 camaro