Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My first Check Engine Soon Light, Need help please.

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2002, 08:05 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My first Check Engine Soon Light, Need help please.

Let me start out by making a long story short. I've been trying to sell a MAFT for 2 months now, no one seemed to want it, so i installed it back on my car. Thats my long story made short. I made my base 5% lean, started the car, and drove about 100 miles that day. Made a nice little differance (SOTP).. Next day made it 10% lean, drove 100 miles, and once again made a nice differance again (SOTP).. Next day, made it 15% lean, that really made a differance (SOTP) NO pinging/detenation what-so-ever. Now coming home from my 100 mile road trip to let the computer learn the new setting my Check Engine Soon light illuminated The car is pulling stronger than ever, no pinging, no detenation, what could be some reasons why the check engine soon light came on? I will ATAP the weekend, just wanted to see if anybody else had a problem like this before.

<small>[ December 18, 2002, 08:07 PM: Message edited by: new-LS1 ]</small>
Old 12-18-2002, 08:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Default Re: My first Check Engine Soon Light, Need help please.

Sounds like it came on because you were running too lean. Just step it down a notch with the MAFT and it should be fine.
Old 12-18-2002, 08:16 PM
TECH Apprentice

More than likely a lean code! it doesn't have to ping too be too lean, by buddys '01 WS6 M6 always threw a lean code when he would try to run a ported MAF, it didn't ping, but it would throw a code every time he tried to run it with the ported MAF!
Old 12-18-2002, 08:24 PM
On The Tree

The performance differance is night and day, i like the way it is now, am i going to harm anything by leaving it the way it is now, or just step it down a notch?
Old 12-18-2002, 09:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Just take it down to 10% lean and it should be good.