Front dash pad.

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2006, 05:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Angry Front dash pad.

Well I need to find a place in DFW or the surrounding area that can fix a huge crack in my dash pad. Is it even possible? I bought one from someone and when I got there it had a crack right down the side so he just gave it to me. I really don't wanna look for another one if I don't have to, I've got a 97 so if I need to I'll have to get one for the 97-99. Help is much appeciated.
Old 05-14-2006, 05:25 PM
TECH Junkie

i doubt that you can fix it. you might as well just buy another(since he gave it to you for free anyways) or just keep it how it is. they are all going to crack one day. Mine didnt have any crack's and then last summer it got one crack in it
Old 06-22-2006, 01:02 PM
TECH Regular

I noticed there are two 1-inch or so plastic "legs" that are within a dimple area on both sides of the dash pad. The passenger side dimple area is where mine cracked. I think the little leg receives some stress and transfers that to the thinnest area of the dash - that dumb dimple. Has anyone had a crack anywhere else? The ones I have seen have started here and spread. I'm going to pick up an uncracked dash pad and dremel the legs off and add some plastic epoxy to strengthen the thing.
Attached Thumbnails Front dash pad.-dashpad.jpg  

Last edited by MrEddie; 06-22-2006 at 01:18 PM.