Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How loud is true dual INSIDE the car? and a couple of clearance questions.

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2002, 06:31 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default How loud is true dual INSIDE the car? and a couple of clearance questions.

Inside the car, how much louder is it that with your previous cat back.
How does it compaire to a cut out before the bend over the axle?

Would keeping cats on the car make it a little more barable inside the car? 2 1/2.

What about clearance? vs. y pipe? on stock height or lowerd cars...

To much vibration inside the car? change and stuff rattle?
What's it like cruising on the highway?
What's it like cruising on the highway for loooong distance, say like Texas to Florida?

any input?
thanks.
Old 12-19-2002, 07:59 PM
On The Tree

Default Re: How loud is true dual INSIDE the car? and a couple of clearance questions.

dont know about the guys with autos but my six speed does rattle the arm rest console and ashtrey depending on rpm and gear but norman driving isnt bad at all. the exhaust is fairly quiet and rumbles deep. im running a dual inlet/outlet Bassani muffler and im interested to compare loudness with someone running bullets thru true duals.
Old 12-19-2002, 08:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Default Re: How loud is true dual INSIDE the car? and a couple of clearance questions.

Ronnie I had bullets on the ss before the secret mufflers I have now.The bullets are far louder than the car is now.Running down the road at say 55 to 70 it was so loud I could not hear the radio.The bassani on you car is the quietest true dual on a f body I have heard so far.With the exception of the borla pro xs mufflers.
Old 12-19-2002, 10:07 PM
TECH Regular

Ive got true dual..3"...and mine also rattles the console and ash tray...I just keep my arm on it to shut it up