PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

soo, anyone tune a L92 yet ( or any other GM VVT motor?)

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2006, 09:50 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default soo, anyone tune a L92 yet ( or any other GM VVT motor?)

how do you calculate the VE tables with the extra variable of cam angle? do they continue to use the same engine model? is it just a "VE" modifier table based on crank angle?

anyone have any info on how they do it?
Old 05-15-2006, 10:45 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i've seen it in hondata systems, they basically have multiple ve and spark tables for the different cam profiles. i haven't seen how they deal with continuously variable lift/timing (porsche and toyota, and i think the bmw vanos system). anyone played with these?
Old 05-15-2006, 01:28 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by RedHardSupra
i've seen it in hondata systems, they basically have multiple ve and spark tables for the different cam profiles. i haven't seen how they deal with continuously variable lift/timing (porsche and toyota, and i think the bmw vanos system). anyone played with these?
well, on the older honda Vtech systems, i would think its simple.. one VE table for the small lobe, one for the high lift lobe... it just snaps that pin in, so its one or the other.

but this GM system advances and retards the cam.. so at any specific RPM/MAP point the cam could be anywhere in that degree range, depending on other factors..

im just curious how they do it...